My doc suspected on kidney disease so he ordered urine albumin test. This test measures the amount of protein in urine. It seems that I have too much protein in urine. What could be possible cause of high levels of protein in urine? I am 35 years old, female. I am concerned about this, any help would be great!

I know that my close friend who has heart problems also had too much protein in urine in last testing. They explained to her that her condition affect the kidneys, causing some damage and producing too much proteome in her kidneys. I am not doctor but I know that the kidneys' primary function is to maintain the fluid balance in the body and to excrete unwanted soluble chemicals. High levels of protein in the urine may therefore be due to diseases of the kidney such as glomerulonephritis or due to general illnesses that also affect the kidney.

This is not a real answer, so I'm sorry for this. I also have too much protein in my urine. The norm is around 30 and I have 169. That is, obviously, way over the normal protein limit. I am only 20 and I am very concerned. I am going to a kidney specialist to get it checked out and my doctor thinks it may be lupus? I don't know if you have had further investigation done for the protein problem but if you have and received any more information maybe you could answer your own question and mine as well? It is scary to know that your body isn't doing what it's suppose to be doing and no one else knows why either.

Best of Luck

How do you rid too much protein from your urine?

Hi brittany! I was diagnosed with lupus 9 years ago and just 1 week ago I turned in a 24 hour urine test and they found a lil over 1,000 grams of protein in my urine. It's so bad that my doc is requesting a kidney biopsy! My mother just died from lupus in 2010 and her last biopsy's were also from the kidneys. Lupus is extremely painful and I also have fibromialgia and rheumatoid arthritis. This has had me over the top so if u were dianosed with any of the diseases I. Ave which I hope not I can try to help with anything I can.