I have a small white spot on the side of my throat that looks like a somewhat hard white dot extruding out to a point.The spot is about the size of a small BB. It has been thera for at least three weeks now. My doctor acted like it was associated with a sore throat I had a while ago. I have a pic but don't know how to post. Any ideas?

I have exactly the same thing. I am seeing my ENT guy tomorrow. This all started about 3 weeks ago with a sore throat, lower right side, that ballooned up into a nasty case of uvulitis and pharyngitis. Doc said it looked like tonsilitis, but I have no tonsils. White spots all over, and apparent thrush on upper palate. Resloved eventually by nystatin rinse TiD. ALso zithromax, then levaquin. Also prednazone dosepak, and painkillers (esp. for sleep). The excruciating uvulitis went away, but now I have this white spot, my uvula is getting a litt red again and it feels like there is a foreign object stuck in the side of my throat. Not pain, but very annoying. Strep test (quick) was negative. Only very intermittent low grade fever. I'll let you know the diagnosis when I get it. Doc wants to do a cat scan to see if I have a fungal infection hiding in my sinus area, but that was before this white BB came up. He hasn't seen that one yet. Hope we can all figure this one out.

I have the same thing- my throat was killing me so I went to my ENT and he said I had a yeast infection in my throat (thrush). he put me on an antifungal medicine along with an antibiotic. Got rid of the sore throat but now it is all over my tongue and some sores on my lip and inside of my mouth. Doesnt hurt bad- but proabably need the nystatin wash or another dose of the antifungal medicine. My tongue looks really weird, and my lip looks like I have a cold sore.

I would go to the doctor and have a mono test done. I have mono and those are the symptoms.