I have had a swollen lymph nodes, white spot (not puss) on the far back of my throat, and ear pressure and pain running down side of my neck.  No fever, no congestion.  I was treated for chlymidia (since i believe my partner was infected) 2 weeks ago.  its helped me - minimal.  The pain was unbearable, and now, the constant pressure, mild pain, white spots, and swollen lymph nodes continue...so annoying!  Can it be another STD?  Can it be viral?  Can it be another bacteria, which I highly doubt, because the Zithromax didnt work, and the Levaquin didnt work  - which i took for a week.  I've tested for strep, negative.  Does that mean its not viral also?  At this point, will a culture confirm a diagnosis?  What more can it be?

Hi I am just wondering if you had figured out what was going on with you? I've had a white spot in the far back of my throat on one side, along with a feeling of full ear, on/off pain & a swollen node. This has been going on for over 8months though & my ENT doctor said that "nothing was wrong" and he denies even seeing the white patch. He tells me it's "all in my head" because I took 2 rounds of antibiotics, first one amox-clav & second the Zithromax, seemed like I felt a little better for a day or two on it, but then right back to old feeling. Although I've also had on that side my gum that keeps getting swollen (been to 6dentists/oral surgains & my teeth & everything are fine). Any info. would be helpful I'm desperately trying to figure out what's going on with me!

This same thing is happening to me. I can also feel a bit of soreness/pain on the exterior of my Adam's apple, on the same side as the patch in my throat. I don't know what could be causing this