I'm 20 years old, I had mono when I was 15. Ever since my glands are almost always swollen and more recently I have had 4 colds in the past 6 months (Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb) with a sore throat with pus sacs and swollen glands and ear aches each time. And in March for about the first week of the month I had a sore throat with pus sacs and left ear ache no other symptoms and right now i have a sore throat on left side of throat mainly and the gland on my left side of throat is hard and swollen. I also get the throat chunks a few times a month since i had mono .. i dunno if this is relevant or not but I have noticed that my energy level has dropped and is sometimes nonexistent since then and i have gained some weight.

Oh, are you aware that you have symptoms of the mono again? ….high fever, sore throat, swelled tonsils with pus on them, swollen glands in neck area….weakness. Those are all signs for mono. I am hope I am wrong, but you have to see a doctor soon. Initial symptoms of mono last from one to three days before the more intense symptoms of the illness begin, like a severe sore throat, swollen lymph nodes in the neck area and fever. You should do a blood test; mono is confirmed by blood tests. Early in the course of the illness, blood tests show an increase in a type of white blood cell, and some of these cells are unusual or "atypical" lymphocytes, which suggest "mono." If it any comfort there is possibility that you have strep throat, but anyhow you need to be tested!

So I went to the DR and got bloodwork, no mono, no epstein barr virus, no thyroid issues and no low white blood cell count. I see an ENT specialist on may 23rd... dunno what good it'll do tho >:(

I would like to know what you found out from the ENT DR> I have had a sore throat and ear ache on the left side for 5 days now. I do feel sluggish, but blamed that on the work schedule. It is very painful at times and will wake me up. I do already take Zyrtec....so the allergy problem won't work for me. I don't want to waste the time or $$ to got to the DR for him to tell me it's a virus......the usual answer. I would just like some relief.

boatndork wrote:

Suggestion : Ask for a sinus scan[/list]