About 6 months ago I started getting a sore throat, very dry mouth accompanied with cracked corners of mouth + tingling tongue. The Dr took some swaps and blood tests - all came back ok. This lasted fairly constantly for 3 months - GP suggests it's Stress related. At the end of the 3 months I was refered to Oral surgeon who gave my mouth a clean bill of health. In the last 8weeks the tingling tongue has eased, cracked lips disappeared but I am now getting dry circular patches on my top lip + my glands are not right. They don't look swollen but all under my jaw line up to left ear feels funny - sometimes like a numbness, other times like a feeling of swelling but no pain. I am also getting a mild tingling sensation occassionally across left side of face. Constant sore throat and very occassional hoarseness when I'm speaking alot.
Do you have any idea what may be causing this?
Many Thanks for your time in reading this. Look forward to receiving your advice.

I don’t want to scare you or anything, but I have to compare your case with mine as I seem to have the similar symptoms like you before I was diagnosed with oral cancer. There are some similarities in symptoms, I believe all the people having the oral cancer don’t have all of the symptoms, people accept this condition differently so I won’t say it’s a hundred percent oral cancer. All I am saying is that it reminds me of what I have been through before the doctors diagnosed me.
What I felt is a sore tongue and a feeling like everything inside my mouth was swollen, this made troubles breathing and eating, also my jaws hurt a lot, I could feel some sharp pain every now and then and the tingling sensations in my lips were present all the way, this was the most annoying thing.
I went to surgery which was done within a day, the recovery period was not that long afterwards and I now seem to be pretty fine, with no bothering symptoms, I am glad I discovered it on time so it’s over sooner.
You ask your doctor about the possibility of having the oral cancer, you have nothing to lose, right?
Good luck!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe I found you. I've been experiencing almost exactly your same symptoms for approximately five months now. Mine became noticable with a slight right side tongue tingle that would disappear after a couple of days. It would seem to diminish in tingle when I was engaged in other activities that took my mind off of it. This would happen about every month. I have had extreme dry mouth recently with a white tongue. My lips are also very dry and they have a white coating that I have to constantly wipe off. However, the thing that really caught my attention was when you stated that you started having dry circular patches on your upper lip. I, too, have just recently (within the last couple days) started noticing dry circular patches on my lower lip. It was really weird to me that it looked like a circle and then I wiped it off and it went away. I thought I was crazy. Another symptom in common is the swollen glands. They seem to be more sore and noticable on the right side of my face, but that it also where I'm experiencing the tongue tingle. When all of these symptoms are happening I experience a weird tingly feeling sometimes right up the side of my face to my ear. My cheekbones also feel weird and sorta tight. I myself experience a lot of anxiety. I started noticing symptoms worsening when my stress and anxiety would worsen. I don't know what to do about all this. After going to doctors after doctors and all them telling me there was nothing wrong, I didn't know what to do and I began having more panicky feelings and that again would worsen it. The doctors began making me feel like I was going crazy and that all this was in my head. I'm looking forward to my hypnotherapy session and I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much for listening to my ramble.

hi ... i coulnd help but notice your letters.
my boyfriend a couple of months ago his gland got extremley swollen, so his DR sent him to have a MRI .. then we went to a throat DR., his regular DR told him that the MRI said that he had throat cancer and it was bad .. then we go to the throat DR he says its just a really bad infection in the gland caused by a stone blocking the silivia from coming out . So he did pass a few stones from his gland but im not sure if we should let this go or proceeed farther... more or less i am scared i love my boyfriend very much and dont know what to think or do and i was hoping that somebody could give me advice on what i or he should do.

Have read your letters of concern, wanted to know how you all got on? I too have been suffering from over dry & tingling sensation in lips, tongue, throat & glands, at times it becomes quite painful. Also suffer from pins & needles to hands, feet & calf muscles. I have been to several doctors (I had one doctor tell me it was all my head, in front of my Husband, so now my husband wonders if there is anything wrong with me also.) & 1 Nose, Throat & Ear Surgeon who tell me everything looks normal, clear bill of health. But it has been over 12mths now and still getting worse. I suffer from Pituitary Adenoma which upsets all of my hormones & iron levels, god only knows what else. My endocronologist has sent me to have B1, B12, Iron & Thiamin levels as severe lack of Vitamin B can also cause these horrible sensations. I prey that this is all it is and that 2x yearly Vitamin B shots will prevent this horrible sensation. As my mind is continuously saying "thats it your dying" and you sink further into depression. I'm so exhausted and feel so let down by the medical profession as now every time I go to my local doctors i feel like I have two heads instead of one.!

hello, just read all your questions and answers after having some similiar problems as u. i have been told its stress when my throat goes funny or its my glands. well a couple hrs ago i was completely fine then within 60 seconds my throat and tongue went completely dry and i was gasping for a drink. i drank about a litre of water within minutes but it never made the thirst disappear. i got quite firghtened i must admit. i have had the tingling in the right side of my face and that is supposed to be sinus trouble. now i suffer with stress and anxiety and i think the doctors see that in your notes and anything u go in with, they think ur just imagining it all. this really annoys me. over the years i have had problems here and there and some were serious but were not investigated until i went about half a dozen times back for the same thing. it makes me feel like a neurotic and i hate it but then when i have been found to have a serious problem, i feel like shouting at the doctors concerned. very few even care what is wrong. they want u out of the surgery room asap and the least they have to do like request blood work or x rays... the better. we all have the right to be dealt with correctly. i am not saying if u have a headache, get a scan to make sure u have not got a brain tumor.. i mean if that headache is bad and for a long time and nothing is helping it and maybe other symptoms too.... then this needs checking out properly. the health profession needs a shake up, seriously. from jenny.

umm sounds like hiv white stuf is thrush or leupkiemia or hairy tongue which can also cause dry mouth and cracked mout corners good luck with that

Mine started about 2 years ago, it got worse about 6 months ago. Now my mouth and lips are dry all the time. Teeth always thickly coated, which makes my tongue and gums extremely sore and my tongue tingles. The is a constant thin string of mucous from nose down the back into throat, which I have to try to break with my tongue to get rid off it. However much I get rid of is replaced by the continues string. I had swollen glands a couple of months ago which have cleared and never returned. It is also very sore when trying to speak. Am attending oral medical dental hospital at Newcastle also ent at local hospital, all of whom tell me it is all down to the stress of my husband whom is very ill.

Thightness in face . Tingling on tip of tongue. Cracked corners of mouth.

I have a thyroid condition and when my act up that's what happens. Go get your thyroid check because I was missed diagnos for three years until I went to another doctor and he ask my problems and he ask me have I had a thyroid check I said no and had to have it partial removed. There was no cancer no goiter or anything it was just over active to much hormonal substance being release. You are not crazy and your husband should stand by you. My husband said the same thing to me until I had to have it remove.

I had an pituitary gland surgery two years after a MRI. Was suffering sweats and lots of discomforts until thanks to my local Doctor, others did not play attention to my symptoms, now I am on Hydrocortisone and desmopressin for the rest of my life due to complications after surgery. I have diabetes insipidus which you crave water but lose it quickly....Now, I have an another problem. I get dry throat all the to my stomach, dry lips pain above my eyes so much that I have to keep my left eye closed, my tongue swells and is also dry so is my mouth, at times i get a migraine headache. My doctors dismissed all that because of my glands, but i never really gets a straight answer. They all said it is stress or fatigue  etc....Please if possible, answer me. Thank you.

Hello!

I am having the same symptoms like you for about few months now, it started as catchy feeling in my throat and then now I am feeling sort of like swelled tongue and a throat (left side). I'm going to see the doctors today for about the 7th times within three months and hopefully I'll get referred to an ENT dr. I will try to keep you all posted about how it's going.

J

good god these are the exactly the same symptoms i have been experience as well myself, although i went to the doctor and he just sent me to get some blood work done which is going to to happen in a couple of days. to be completely honest here though i would like to say i had a bad drug problem up until a week ago. i was smoking heavy amounts of the designer drug spice that has been going around a lot lately. i myself am really worried about having oral cancer. have u ever used this drug? did ur doctor end up saying you have oral cancer?