the past couple of weeks I have had one small white spot come and go on the back of my throat. It is not sore the only problem is when I swallow my tounge rubs it and just irretates it. Is this something I should concern myself with or what?

I have the same thing, I thought I was the only one. I will call the doctor's later and check. I've had this before, but today is the first time I've checked in the mirror and it's a white thing, so gross and weird. I hope it's not a bad thing. Would be nice to find out what it is.

I am not sure you have been told the answer to your question yet, but it sounds like you have Tonsil Stones.

It is very possible that it is not tonsil stones. The white bumps can be caused by many normal issues like bacteria and viruses. Strep throat and tonsolitus are two very common and have the white dots on the back of throat or tonsils as symptoms. These dots even occur in many people when it is just the cold. If your neck is soar when you push on the side (swollen lymph nodes) you should see a doctor.

i just got over strep throat and i had white spots in the back of my throat and they were pus pockets caused from step throat.

there is a huge difference between the two things described here. i have dealt with both, if you still have your tonsils the one white thing bugging you is just a little (for lack of a better word) pus. and there is no sore throat or anything with sickness involved with these. tonsils can have ulcers where food and junk builds up along with proteins and stuff and they push out. they are really stinky too. if you can tolerate it you can actually "squeeze" them out. the doc won't do anything for mine and the dentist says they aren't the source of bad breathe.
white spots on the other hand, go along with a sore throat and these tend to have a grayish shade to them and you can get fever and whatever else with it, but don't be deceived, spots does not always mean strep- so hit up a minute clinic to find out!

I'm glad that this sounds like a common thing. For the last couple of weeks it kind of felt like i had a peice of popcorn stuck in the back of my throat. So last night I looked in my mouth with a flashlight and saw a small white spot in the back of my throat. Going to the doctor tomarrow. Have no sore throat or swollen glands. Feel fine...

I have that. I woke up this morning and I saw it. I am a really big freak about my teeth but I haven't been able to brush or anything for 2 days because I was camping. Could it be caused from not brushing? I have had it before and it never hurts or anything.

yeah, i just had that and freaked out, then looked online and saw it may be some tonsil infection or something, and freaked out even more. then i read something saying it was a food deposit and could be taken out, so i stuck my finger back on it (pretty unorthodox) and wiggled it out.. ended up being about a centimeter in diameter, smelled AWFUL. then i used listerene. i'm still sorta sore where it was, but hopefully that will go away now that it's gone.

slj456 wrote:

so have u seen a doctor yet? what was the doctors comment on this?

I'm glad I am not the only one who is having problems with this. I've had the little white thing in my mouth for 3 days. My mom thinks it's step. I'm going to the Doctor on Monday.

In my experience with this I had a white spot on the back of my throat and it felt like a popcorn kernel stuck there. I went on line and read many people with the similar problem and decided to do what they suggested. I had no pain or other throat irritation. I took an object that I could reach the back of my throat with and noticed I could push the "white spot" in and out of the pocket it was in, so I pushed from up top a bit and sure enough it popped out! I looked like a curd of cottage cheese... (sorry to those that like cottage cheese). It smelt HORRIBLE!! and I am thoroughly disgusted that it came from my mouth, but I guess it is just one of those things that happen. There was no blood or pain and yes I still have my tonsils, so I guess there must be pockets or pores that debris from your mouth can collect into and build up. Really quite gross!

I've had this problem for a long time, almost two decades. I've found how to deal with it and I know why the white things would come. Here is what I would do when there are the white things. I use a tool which is for cleaning up the acnes on our face. The tool has a pointing on one side and a loop on another side. I only use the side with a loop. I use it to get the pus, the white, out. After a while I will get use to do it. At first it is hard to get the things out because the back of your throat is so sensitive. And these white things usually come from the same stops on your throat. So, don't be afraid of doing it even it is possible that blood would come out from the place you take them out. Because after you take them out you will feel much fresh on you throat and mouth. And you sometimes might feel the sour disappear as well, especially when the while things've got so many in one place. Right, they smell extremely bad. So, when you feel that the person who is talking to you tries to keep a distant from you, you probably should think about that you may have the things on your throat. Why we have these thing on our throat is exactly unknown to me or even to clinical Doctors too. But I have figured out when they would come. Normally, your body would not have this problem if your body is healthy and strong. However, you have ulcer on you mouth for a long time or you've not slept well for a long time or you have a wound badly or anything causes your body feels bad and you feel tired. Under these circumstances and you feel not quit right with you throat or smell differently with you throat or mouth, you may have them. This is my hypothesis that the pus or the white things on the back of our throat is a system that to protect us. Surely, we would have problems when we have them, like pain and uncomfortable, but without this system all the bad things would have to other place to go, so that they may just affect our whole body. And the pus or white thing is come from our daily live style.

i had big white ifection on the side of my throat...i didnt feel ill at all but i went to the doctor and got antibiotics.
the white went away but throat was stil swollen..then a week later it came back but i had fever n chest infection too.
got more anti biotics and now the course has finished n i feel fine...the white spots still havent gone.
ive had this for 3 weeks now and 2 lots of antibiotics..does anyone know what this is?

Had a single large spot on the back of my throat that felt like a popcorn kernel. Thought it was possibly caused by the dry conditions of my apartment and has been bothering me more and more for a month now. Took a look with my flashlight and it was a large speck of "embedded" white (like people have mentioned for plaque embedded back there).

Now for this step I do not recommend doing this and if you do it I take no responsibility for what you might do to yourself. I sterilized a bobby pin, shoved it the side of the white spot and a huge chunk of something rancid smelling popped out (had to poke for several minutes). Irritated my throat and its sore from pushing it out. Things was huge, half an inch long of embedded junk. A little blood came out when I was digging it out too. My throat feels so much better though (even though its slightly swollen from jabbing back there). Again, go make good use of your health insurance and DO NOT try this on your own.