Ok so here is my story. I broke up with my ex not too long ago. I now have a new wonderful man in my life. After a night out, with a lot of drinking, I had unprotected sex with my ex ( February 4th 2012). It was an horrible mistake I know.... I had just finish my periods 1 or 2 days before that night... On the 10th of february and from that day on, i only had sex with my current boyfriend. I missed my periods and i passed a pregnancy test on march 6th and it was negative. Then I passed another test on March 14th and it was positive. I went for an ultrasound( on march 28th) and I presumed i had my LMP on february 4th and they told me I was 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant. What would have been my conception date? Could it be possible that the father would be my ex which I had sex with on February 4th?? Coud ultrasound be wrong? Did they based their results on my LMP ( which wasnt the right one they had......????) Please help me I am scared to death...... :( 

You need to read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health by Toni Weschler

It is up to women to understand our bodies better than the doctors.  Even if you just browse through the chapters pertaining to you, it will give you a better understanding of what happens every month, pregnant or not.

Hi Laia,

Testing on March 6th may have been a false negative.

Yes, the doctors would base it on your LMP. It's easier to calculate because most women remember these dates. No test, ultrasound or blood can pinpoint the exact age of the fetus. Everyone develops at different rates.

Assuming a 5 day period, you had sex on about day 7 of your cycle with your ex. Normally you'd ovulate sometime between days 11-16. Sperm can live up to about 5 days.

You would have had sex with Mr. Wonderful on about day 13.

It is possible that it could be your ex's. I tend to think though that the odds favor it being Mr. Wonderfuls.

Only a DNA can give you a positive answer. It all depends exactly on when you had sex and when you ovulated.

Hope it helps.