I am roughly 25 weeks pregnant. I have a consistent 30 day cycle.  My last period was on February 19th, 2012.  I had sex with my boyfriend all month including March 7th. I had sex with another man on march 10th.  I tested positive for pregnancy on March 16th, 2012, using first response home test.  I have had a daughter and lost two infant sons in the past with my boyfriend.  The ultrasounds are showing this baby to be smaller and falling in much lower percentiles then the previous babies. My boyfriend is large and tall. I have three questions. Is the ultrasound an indiction of a different father? Are modern home pregnancy tests more likely to test positive 6 days after possible ovulation? Is a ten day luteal phase short since I have been pregnant so many times without much issue? It took a year with my daughter to concieve and 3 to 4 months with eash of the boys.

You can have implantation bleeding starting as early as 6 days after conception and as late as 14 days. This sounds like it could very well be implantation bleeding. The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test two weeks after you think you may have conceived or after a missed period. Good luck!

Hi 101,

No on the ultrasound. All fetuses, like children, develop differently. You can't make that assumption.

Some of the newer tests do claim to be able to detect pregnancy very early, so it is possible.

A 10 day luteal phase is a bit short. Normally it would be more around 14 days.

Since your last period was Feb 19. then you had sex on Mar 7 and 10 or days 17 and 20 of your cycle.

If you are positive about the 10 day luteal phase, you ovulate on day 20 (the 17th), then either can be the father. Sperm can survive about 5 days in your vagina.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply! I never have known how long my luteal phase is, I was hoping ten or 10 days is short, therefore ruling out guy from March 10th. But nothing is certain, I wait in agony... I keep hoping 6 days past ovulation is early to test too, but also could happen so...