Ok, I got the HPV Gadarsil Shot Thursday, Had Sex The next two days And I just bled during sex, and that was it. I haven't gotten my period yet, when I was supposed to, but I also took the test. It said I was negative. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. My breasts aren't sensitive, or sore. No sickness etc etc.Could the Hpv/Gardasil Shot make my period late?
Can Any Explain or help me any? ?

The same thing is happening to me right now.

After my second shot, my period was 10 days late. I had my third shot on April 4th, and my period was due right about then. Today is the 12th and still no period. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I don't think there's any way I'd be pregnant in the first place.

This is the only info I've found. Hopefully we can get some answers!

i received the gardasil shot last tuesday, and it is a week later and i have been lightly bleeding since sunday..and my period isn't due until next week *im on birth control*. I called the office today and the lady told me that the bleeding could be from the shot. Ha..would of been nice of them to tell me to expect this.

Yes, the first Gardasil shot made my period about 2 weeks late... and my period is always regular.
Some doctors will tell you it's impossible, but I did my own research and spoke to a health professional I trust. When your immune system is working hard (or "compromised"), your period can be delayed. That is why it's normal for your period to be late when you are sick or stressed.
Your immune system is compromised after the Gardasil shot because your body is working hard to recognise the virus and build up immunity to it - that is why immunisations can make you feel sick and your period late.

I am relieved to find this posting. I got vaccinated with both a Flu Shot and the Gardasil Vaccine. A week later I began to spot...and there wouldn't be a reason for me to be pregnant. (I am on the pill and take it correctly.)

I am guessing that this is one of those pesky side effects that the drug manufacturers don't want to be too vocal about.

I am glad they are putting this on the market because I do have a certain strain of HPV that caused Cervical Dysplasia. (As of my last Doctor's appointment there are not irregularities on my cervix anymore.) So I got it late, but hopefully it will help into the future with the other strains of the virus.

I just hope this is a side effect of the vaccine, and that it will be reported on the adds in the future.

OKay.. I'm officially freaked out.. I got my Gardasil shot like almost 2 months ago and I'm due back for the second dose.
Ever since then I haven't gotten my period... Keeep in mind.. I'm not sexually active... Anywho.. So I'm freaking out really badly.. D:

I recieved the first HPV shot on December 3rd. Everything seemed fined except it stung really bad when i recieved the shot. 2 weeks later I became really weak and tired for a few days. This made me nervous because I thought it may be signs of pregnancy. On the 21st I was due for my period and it never came. I waited and waited for my period but again nothing. After the holidays I decided I had to take a test to see if I was pregnant. I begain to spot a little before I took the test. This made me even more nervous because I assumed it was implantation bleeding. I oventually got enough nerve yesterday to take the test. I got first response the most sensitive test on the market and it came out negative. I still have some very light and spotty bleeding but this is very irregular for me. My periods are always on time and very regular. I am not sure what is going on but I def plan on contacting my DR. If this is happening to even just a handful of people it would be nice to have known before I recieved the shot so I wouldnt have had to go through all this stress.

I'm really worried about my body too. I got the first Gardasil shot on October 19th when I got my Depo shot. On November 29th, I started bleeding. This is odd because I've been on Depo for 3 years, so I haven't gotten my period in all that time.

The bleeding STILL hasn't stopped. It'll stop for like a night then come back a few days later.

I got the second shot yesterday and I stopped bleeding til this afternoon. Then the bleeding got really really heavy.

I am so glad I'm not alone!! After my first shot my period was 3 weeks late, then after my second shot in November my periods havent came at all and I've had no spotting etc!!! I have also done pregnacy tests and they have came back negative (thank goodness), but it still worries me a little!!!! I cant wait till its all over and I've had my last shot and my body can go back to normal!!!

Cheers A.

I just got my first shot about two weeks ago and am 2 days late on my period (im on bc so its usually the same time of the same day every month) and was getting pretty nervous so I'm glad I found this forum. It would have been nice for my doctor to tell me that this could happen.

I got the 3rd vaccine shot on December 24th. I was due for my period Jan 10th. Its the 21st of Jan and all I have had is very light spotting on and off for the last two weeks. I haven't had sex, so pregnancy is out of the question. It def. would be nice to be informed about this before being given the vaccine. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

ugh k i'm so happy i found this.
usually i don't react to vaccines at all and to the first one i didn't
but then i got the second one on the 11th (11 days ago) and my period was due on the 15th and still nothing, no spotting or anything, and now being late is stressing me out which probably isn't helping either. I took a test and it was negative, but i'm going to take another just to be sure. is there like an average time that it's late?
I've been researching on the internet about the vaccine and I've found some other side effects that i definatly wasn't aware of...
i'm kind of regretting the vaccine, it's way too new and they need to figure out exactly what it does to your body.

i hate this thing its the second time it happens to me, its unbelievable can a doc. have a nerve of admiting it!!!!!! its hard for us to not be on track i am a week late and freaking out, i am sexually active and not prego....it hurts to loose control of something so important to us. it better not happen for prom

This is the best peace of mind i have had for about 5 days now. I got my period over a month ago and then a week later i had protected sex and about a week after that I got my 2nd gardasil shot.
My period is officially a week late, I have been tired and emotional. My face broke out (as it does the week before your period, but I haven't got my period still. This morning I took a pregnancy test but it was negative, and a i bought another to test in a couple of days to double check im not pregnant.
Thankyou all for being honest and giving this information in this forum. I have been so stressed, thinking my stress is further holding up my usually regualr period. B4 i browsed this site, i looked at the gardasil sites and the australian government health sites (gardasil is free in oz in a govt vaccination program) and they didn't say ONE WORD ABOUT A SIDE EFFECT LIKE THIS!! They mention nausea and dizziness etc. it's so irresponsible to not mention this side effect as well- how many girls and women are becoming stressed over their late periods. When I double check that I'm not pregnant, I am going to write to my local government, and the company and tell them that they MUST give all information about side effects. and to all of you- i hope your periods do come, that you aren't pregnant (if you don't wish to be) and that you don't experience anymore negative, or worse- permanent, side effects of this drug in which you've put your trust.

I am so glad I did a google search and found this discussion board. I had my period about a month ago, i had protected sex about a week later (during a pretty infertile stage of the cycle) and had my 2nd shot about a week after that. My period was due a week ago and it still hasn't come, though I'm usually really regular. Everytime I go to the bathroom a little bit more of my self-confidence is replaced by fear and uncertainty.
I've been so stressed for the past few days thinking I'm pregnant, and thinking my stress is probably further hindering my period. I haven't told any of my family or friends because they don't think I'm sexually active. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative, and i bought another just to double check in a few days and be sure. I've been tired too, but no nausea or sore breasts of pregnancy.
I want to thank all of you for being honest and open about your experiences- it's really helped me. I searched the Australian government health site and the Gardasil site for information about side effects but a delayed period was not once mentioned. After I do a second pregancy test, I'm going to go and see my doctor and find out why this has happened, and if it will happen with my third dose. And then I'm going to start a campaign to demand that the Australian government (who has created a free program to vaccinate 2.2 thousand Australian girls and women) and the company creating the drug MUST put this information in their list of side effects. I would also like to find a medical board to make a formal complaint to.
We should not have to suffer these physical and emotional torments (which may or may not have lasting effects? who knows?) simply because governments and companies do not want to scare away recipients. I strongly encourage you ALL to write letters and make phone calls to your local or state health authorities. Think of all the girls and women that may be saved the anguish and uncertainty of a late period.