I have had a whooshing/pulsing sound in my ears for the the last six months. Although I mentioned it to my doctor and cardiologist they didn't seem concered about it. This may be totally conincidental but I recently had a viral inner ear infection (vertigo) and was prescribed Bethahistine 16mg tablets which I have been taking for 4 weeks and within a week the whooshing sound disappeared. I am still on the course so am not sure if the symptoms will reappear.

Hi Lesley

I was interested to read your note regarding the 'whooshing noise' in your ears> I'm curious to know if the noise returned?

Many thanks,
Jeff

Hello there lesleyjames,

Well I presume that your wooshing was related with the inner ear infection and since antibiotics are helping you at the moment mention this to your doctor on your regular checkup.

Maybe antibiotics have cured infection totally and the wooshing sign is not going to come back. In my case wooshing sign is usually appearing before I feel sick and when I am very exhausted and sometimes it end up very bad because everything turns black in front of my eyes. So I have realized that this is realted with the blood pressure and you need to keep this under the control.

Keep us posted about your condition and I hope that the wooshing is not coming back.

I have had a whooshing sound in my ear for over 6 weeks and it is driving me up a wall. i am going to ask my doctor about Bethahistine, he has tried me on every other antibiotic and steriod ad nothing has helped.