Hello, I am 27 years old and my girlfriend is 23. We are together for a year now, but it seems that there are some health issues we have to take care of. Actually, she has been complaining of the itching after the sexual intercourse. She said that she felt it after the first time we slept together, but was too embarrassed to say anything. Could this be a sperm antibody reaction? Why does a woman develop that?

Simply put, the inner areas of her vagina are not responding well to the substances contained in your sperm, thus the itching feeling. In most cases, that is not an obstruction toward pregnancy, but it has its symptoms that might be annoying for her, as they probably already are. That can be dealt with the meds, but you should also investigate the possibility of some infection affecting you both.

For at least a decade (and through many many doctors) I had burning after sex with my husband. Also could not get pregnant. Finally saw a doctor at UCSF. A urologist that dealt with men only. He said my husband had an infection in his vas defrins tubes (probably spelled wrong). He perscribed an antibiotic used just for urinary tract infections called Macrodantin. Within days our lives became normal. After years and years of torment the burning was gone. Two months later I was pregnant. We have a lovely daughter now, but it was too late to have more kids. If you have a reaction after sex to your partner HE probably has an infection. NOTE: other antibiotics did not work. We tried many. Only Macrodantin stopped this infection he had.