My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 years now. I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). We have been to the RE and now find out DH has a 0 sperm count. . . so I feel like it's time to just give in. . . even though I want nothing more than to be a mommy.

Anyone with a simular story? I'm looking for someone who really understands how I'm feeling.

:-( I'm sorry to hear about that! We are in the exact same situation. My husband and I have been trying to have a child for years. To find out I have PCOS and he has 0 Sperm count! It was devasating! We are still heart broken but, are working threw this together! I was told the only option would be DI and/or Adoption. We have decided to go with adoption in our province because having PCOS there is a few things that need to be changed in the life style in order to make DI successfull. THe process is pretty long and very expensive. Either way there is always an option. Its wheter or not he is aboard with the whole situation. Finding something out something as devestating as this is life changing and completely crushing for both parties. We still hold each other at night and wish things where different. Finally though, with alot of discussions we have come to terms with it (not saying this does not hurt us) and know we are not getting any younger. Its either not having childern at all and being able to accept that or trying to go for adoption and maybe later on in life. ( taking metroformin's and folic ) we will go threw a DI. We do however, want to find out at least why there is no sperm count, so he has agreed to go threw all the tests. (blood work, ultra sounds ect. )

I hope this makes you feel a little better knowing you are not alone in this devastating factor finding out! There is many couples that go threw this and with time and many many discussions the decisions is yours to make.