Hi. I am 24 years old. My husband and I are trying to have a baby for a year now. Is it still too early to make an appointment in doctor`s office? How long should I be trying before seeing a fertility doctor?

Hi. I think it is too early to say anything. Maybe you should wait for just a little while. I had a baby after 2.5 years of trying. After first year of trying, my boyfriend and I went to see infertility doctor. We run through some uncomfortable (and expensive) tests and the results were just fine. My husband was checked on everything, a sperm antibody test, hormonal blood test, vasography, hamster egg test (it determines sperm penetration strength). Your doctor will look for a reproductive and thyroid hormone levels, heart, lungs, and he will check the condition of the pelvis.

Hello I just turned 25 and my doctor told me that I should be off the pill for 3 to 4 months start trying if it didn't happen in a year. Then there were other things we could do. Plus I have polycysitic ovarian syndrome so maybe you should talk to your obgyn and maybe there is an easy answer or just an answer. good luck