Hi

Since I've started running seriously I can't stop eating, I have put on stone and a half, but I just get so hungry. I know I should be more disciplined but I'm finding it hard. Is there any good after run snacks that will stop cravings

I usually run right after work, then have a good dinner.
That has curbed my hungry most times.

I used to be starved after a good workout too.

I found a couple eggs, a piece of wheat toast and a Slim Fast filled me up lovely. It's just the right amount of protein and carbs to satisfy me.

add protein. simple carbs (sugar and starch) just make you crave the same, it's a never-ending cycle!

add more lean protein at every meal.

Slimfast is a great post-workout recovery drink to help your muscles repair themselves faster.
If you're still hungry later on, try eating an apple. They have a high water content, high in fiber and are fairly filling.

I really like Slim-Fast as a recovery drink, too.

If I don't have any at the house, I'll just drink chocolate milk.

Slim Fast and Carnation Instant Breakfast too.

Ditch the milk, add peanuts and some hard coating and you basically have peanut M & M's.
Isn't amazing how life always comes full circle...to peanut M & M's? At least in my world it does...
Mmmmmm....

You should just take the stones out of your pocket... 8)

Kidding... I'm always hungrier when I workout. I try to be careful and not overindulge just because I happened to get off my arse that day. Some days are more successful than others!

I must agree with my esteemed colleague, here. My body has gotten to where it craves protein. If I have a meal with little or no protein, I'm still starving after it.
Anyhow, I do agree also with the slimfast. (they do sell generics and the walmart brand is much better and cheaper, imho) It has a ton of vitamins, low fat, but it provides an excellent balance of protein and carbs. (Chocolate milk was highly recommended as a recovery drink recently).

Sometimes my body confuses hunger and thirst. If you know you really shouldn't feel hungry, try having a big glass of water. Then see if you're still hungry 15 mintues later.

Funny, I have never ever felt hungry after a workout, I could be hours without food after a good gym session. Are you a male or female? A new study has found that women have troubles controlling their food intake because they need to eat for two at some point of their lives. Here is where I read it: Harder For Women to Say No to Foods As for your problem, why don't you try to mix a protein shake with low fat yogurt, whey powder and some frozen fruits or eat a hand full of nuts. Nuts always help me curb my cravings for foods.