Well i live in Kansas City and it recently just started hitting the lower 90s this week. And since then I've ran three times. (Once with a group of people). And let me tell you...its been 2-3 times harder than usually. Plus i've been sweating like a pig...My question is, does warmer weather make running more difficult or am i just slaking?? Me being a beginner i really don't know but its about 15-20 degrees warmer right now. Also since im sweating alot more i cramp up a little. What should i be eating before hand?

I appreciate everyones help.

Not sure about eating, that turns out to be a personal thing with what works with your body. Key: Fluid intake. You should be drinking more water (64 oz a day, minimum). And on the hotter days, take it easier and try to run in the cooler part of the day.

Hotter weather will make your body work harder to cool itself -running or not.

Pug's right. Top up the fluids (consider stuff like Gatorade for hot, long runs to keep the electrolytes up) and back off on pace until you are acclimitized. Same goes for not-so-hot but humid days too.

Put on a hat, slap on the sunscreen too. Heat stress is NOT fun.

Running in the early morning or late evening is about your only good answer. It's hard to get high intensity workouts in when it's brutally hot. You're pretty much limited to your easy pace. Try to run in as much shade as you can and run in a good shirt that wicks moisture away from your skin. Avoid cotton and anything that soaks it up. I usually go shirtless and carry a scrap of cloth or bandana to wipe the sweat out of my eyes.

I am in Texas. Imagine running on a treadmill in a sauna while wearing a parka, that is pretty much how it feels here these days. The things that have helped me, is : 1: SLOW DOWN!!---don't worry about pace/speed. Don't even wear a stop watch. The important thing is that you are out running, not the speed. Once the temperature gets more bareable, you will be flying! 2: HYDRATE!!---Constantly drink. I constanly have a water bottle near by. You can not drink too much water when it is this hot. Also Gatoraid is pretty good. I usually drink a good amount before and after a run. Running in the heat is not ideal, but you got to do what you got to do. And if you fight through the summer, by fall, your body will be in good running shape.

We live in SOUTH GEORGIA - ugh!

Wear a hat - soak it with water before you go out.

ALWAYS wear sunscreen - no matter what the temp.

Make sure you drink plenty of water thruout the day.

Plan your route thru a park with a water fountain, or scope out water fountains on your route (grocery stores, some fast food places, public facilities have them - don't worry about being sweaty, just drink!)

I tend not to eat before summer runs - it just makes me feel even more sluggish.

Either run in the early morning (cooler, but more humid) or evening (not as cool, but less humid).

Find a treadmill ;)

I carry a "sweat rag" with me to keep the sweat out of my eyes. The hat helps some...

Wear technical fabrics that wick away the sweat - cotton with drag you down and chafe you (ouch!).

Oh, and you will slow down, whether you want to or not, you will slow down - don't worry about it!

Well today i ran in the Amy Thomson rUN...first race ever. 5 miles. We ran at 8:00am and it was about 77 degrees out....Everyone seemed to be talking about how hot it was....but not me...seemed perfect...i ran it in 38:15. Not a bad pace for first race...and for me in general. Ugh i'm running in a 7 1/2 mile race this weekend...(mom signed me up for it) I'm up for it...but im going to take it a little easier...I think it is a TAD bit early for me to do a 7 1/2

All in all running in hot weather seemed to pay off a little. But thanks for all your advice and don't worry I WILL TAKE IT