Hokay, I ran in beautiful Boulder Colorado for abt 4 months. My lungs gave away most times. I moved to Boston :cry: a week ago and today was my first run ( I was resting a hurt knee).

It was about 80 odd degrees and humid, 12 in the afternoon. For the first mile 1/2 I was hardly breathing but the sweat and the heat!!!! I ran at noon and its 12 midnight now... I showered after the run and my head still feels warm. I have an almost head achy feeling. Anybody noticed this.. before?. Head aches casue of running in the sun??. I almost have half a mind to start running before work at 6-7 pm in the morning.
-D

I reccomend running in the morning then. Heat isn't bad where I live so I don't really have the problem. But according to the book I'm reading, the morning is the best time to run when it's hot. I know it's hard to get up early to run, but sometimes it's what you've gotta do. Good luck.

It may be a sign of heat exhaustion.

If you are going to run like that, I suggest hydrating aAdequately prior too, during, and afterwards

It does take some getting used to. Drink lots of fluids and salt tablets help a lot.

Unless you're really determined to run in the heat and get acclimated, or you have a race that will be in the heat, give it up.

Run in the mornings when it is cooler. You will feel much better and get more out of your runs. That's what works for me.

i second a lot of the suggestions already made- drink LOTS of water! and make sure you replace electrolytes and take a good multivitamin. the heat and humidity definitely takes a lot out of a person, even if you don't feel terribly after running in it.

i live in michigan, and it's quite hot and humid at the moment. personally, i avoid running during midday when the sun is high in the sky and the temp is at its peak. try early mornings or late evenings until your body gets acclimated to the climate change. i know it's frustrating, but you will begin to adjust to the weather after awhile. and, if nothing else, it's gonna be REAL cold and dry very soon there in boston, so enjoy the sunshine while it's still around (because, in a couple months, you'll be scanning ebay for snowshoes! ;-) jk).

:cry: Wanna go back to Boulder
I did try to run in the morning but being a student till 2 weeks back makes it ard enough to get up for work. I have been drinking (water?) like a fish to keep myself hydrated. Hopefully by this week the MTN time to ET difference should be solved.
Weather got a little crappy ... but upside was that it rained and my run in the aftnoon was drizzly.... 70-75... rather nice wouldnt you say :D