I had abdominal tumescent liposuction 2 weeks ago. All is healing well except I consistently have a hard distended lower belly. The top portion of my stomach, my waistline and love handles are fine but this feels wierd. It's swollen at the panty line and above my pubic bone. It's so puffy there. Tender like the compression girdle (adjustable) has pressed it down and squished any fluid down there. The bruising is going away, but it had spread like syrup over pancakes down beneath my pelvis into the upper thighs. Is this normal? It's not really overly painful but could the surgeon have knicked me inside and that's why this is happening? It doesn't ever go flat yet. always rounded and distended and hard at the bottom above my pelvis.

I have the very same poblem, and I am 4 weeks post lipo. today. It is kind of disapointing. My doctor tells me that it will go away. The most concerning is the continuing numbness in the lower ab and hips. Do you know any secrets that I do not know yet????

Hi, I had abdominal lipo 2 May 2007. A lot of swelling is gone and the brusing is all gone HOWEVER I still wear the same size pants! I realize it's only been 1 month and my lower abd area no longer pouches out....but shouldn't I have gone down at least one size by now?

I have found that lying down in the shower and letting the shower massage my belly has helped tremendously with the numbness. I do this 2 times per day x 20 minutes. Hope this helps!

I am 1 month post lipo and I am thrilled with the results, dr took off almost 3 liters of fat and I feel like a new woman, I do have pockets of hard areas that go away after massaging them. I have found that a massage ball that I got at bath and body works, is the best for massaging areas, you can acutally feel the fluid leaving the area, the ball helps distribute the pressure and it hurts less than when you use your hands.

in reply to the first topic...

I had lipo on the love handles, lower belly and upper belly, and thighs exactly the same... problem is just above my pant line I have a hard/ protruding belly.. almost like the start of a pregnant belly.

There is like a shelf like appearance, the line itself is uneven, so looks like a shelf but in a wave line.

My skin hurts and feels tight and sore... even though I am swollen, and my stomach is constantly HOT TO TOUCH... (Not sure why)/

My nurse said it should go away, but its soooo painful,and Im heavier and larger than I was pre-op... and its been just over 3 weeks. My doc took 3litres away, and the only place I can tell is on my love handles a little bit. My thighes are still the same.

The hardness, is Hot, sore and protruding.. can anyone help?

xx

Five days ago I had a lipo on my tummy and fat transplant on my buttocks. I just feel awful. If I had known better I would had never done it. First, I never had general anesthesia before and had no idea of how my body would react to it. Few hours after the surgery (maybe 10) I started vomiting and could not stop. I felt dizzy, nauseous and terribly in pain. I took some painkillers and that kind of helped with the pain (Endocet 500). But yesterday I decided I do not want to take these anymore. When I'm sleeping they make me feel really strange. Everything feels more like hallucinating than dreaming, so no more Endocet 500 for me. The doctor said I could buy Tylenol Extra Strength over the counter. I also told him about the numbness and continuous pain that I'm feeling on the affected areas and he told me it was normal....in other words just bear with the aftermaths of plastic surgery.

I was also expecting to see the results right away and I really don't. I'm hoping to get better so I can examine myself really close in the mirror but now I'm in no mood for vain stuff. Vanity was the one who made go under the knife so right now we are not having a really good relationship. Sitting here in pain, and barely seeing any results (I was not that fat, I was just 130 pounds and I just wanted to get rid of the love handles and get my butt more curvier) and not mentioning that I'm 15,000 dollars poorer, I can't help but to feel really bad right now. I just want to get well. :cry:

Also, is it really bad if I remove the garment they make you wear in order to compressed the skin? I wore it faithfully for the first 3 days. On day 4 I removed once to take a shower and put it back to go and see my doctor. But by the end of the day I was in so much pain and discomfort that I just had to remove it. So it's been a whole day without it. That garment is torture. How bad would it be if I don't wear it considering that I did wear during the first three days.

Hi. I came across your comment and I'm in the same boat with you concerning the hard area on my lower abs after lipo. I am 1 month post-op and I just wonder if your problem went away yet as I know it's been awhile for you now after the surgery. I'm very worried and want to know according to your experience. Has your hard lump gone away with time? Please reply and let me know. I really need some information. Thank you very much.

I have the same exact problem as you described and it's killing me. I'm very sad. Im 1 month post. Had your problem gone down or gone away yet? I know it's been while for you after the sugery. I hope it's gone away as the nurse told you. Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Almost 7 weeks post lipo on inner thighs and tummy/handles.

I have gained a few kilos due to not exercising and just general inactivity & snacking while avoiding going out (had rhinoplasty too).

I tried on a pair of pants the other day that were loose just after the op. They now fit me again. I think natural fluids return to the area -- immediately after the op you are all "drained" and compressed :-) and inevitably your natural shape returns somewhat.

I can see where the fat has gone, so am happy.

Some lumpy spots in thighs and belly button looks a bit odd now (smaller) but overall am pleased.

Moral: it really isn't weight that counts, it's fitness and inches.

Cheer up, esp. if you have quite a lot done, your body needs time to recover. There's definitely 3 litres less fat there, remember !

I've read all of these posts and it would seem that no one quite got the answers they were looking for. %-) I researched the Internet myself hoping that someone with advanced experience in this area could offer some clarity on what to expect after surgery. I had my procedure done on 7/14/08 and am coming on a month post op. The only changes I can describe at this point is that I too have the hardened, distended areas on my stomach but they are not that big and they are not in the pelvic area. The lumps appear on my lower abdomen but I have been using the compression garment and girdles to smooth it out. So far this has helped and the lumpiness has gone down considerably. I worried for a moment because I thought that the protrusions would be permanent and I would look deformed. I think if I continue to wear my compression garments I’ll be fine since I’ve already seen positive results in doing so. This may not be the solution for everyone since daniella198027 has mentioned that wearing the garment caused her great discomfort.

For the record chucky I haven’t lost any weight either according to the scale but I can clearly see the difference before and after surgery and I am pleased. I still have some swelling so this may have something to do with why I haven’t lost any weight. I must admit that it did cross my mind after reading these posts how many of you went to an ABPS (American Board of Plastic Surgeons) certified physician to get the procedures done. The doctor I had complete Yeah, I know that this is neither here or there at this point and I do hope that all of you get the results you are looking for in time.

Hopefully, someone who has had the procedure done some time ago will read these posts and will offer some advice and insight on their post op experience. In the meantime, I will check periodically for any new posts. I wish every one of you the best. :-)

DISREGARD THE PREVIOUS POST DUE TO ERRORS. THANKS

I've read all of these posts and it would seem that no one quite got the answers they were looking for. :? I researched the Internet myself hoping that someone with advanced experience in this area could offer some clarity on what to expect after surgery. I had my procedure done on 7/14/08 and am coming on a month post op. The only changes I can describe at this point is that I too have the hardened, distended areas on my stomach but they are not that big and they are not in the pelvic area. The lumps appear on my lower abdomen but I have been using the compression garment and girdles to smooth it out. So far this has helped and the lumpiness has gone down considerably. I worried for a moment because I thought that the protrusions would be permanent and I would look deformed. I think if I continue to wear my compression garments I’ll be fine since I’ve already seen positive results in doing so. This may not be the solution for everyone since daniella198027 has mentioned that wearing the garment caused her great discomfort.

For the record chucky I haven’t lost any weight either according to the scale but I can clearly see the difference before and after surgery and I am pleased. I still have some swelling so this may have something to do with why I haven’t lost any weight. I must admit that it did cross my mind after reading these posts how many of you went to an ABPS (American Board of Plastic Surgeons) certified physician to get the procedures done. The doctor I chose to complete the surgery on me has a very supportive staff that was willing to answer my questions however; I sought additional information online from other patients to get feedback about their experience. Yeah, I know that this is neither here or there at this point and I do hope that all of you get the results you are looking for in time.

Hopefully, someone who has had the procedure done some time ago will read these posts and will offer some advice and insight on their post op experience. In the meantime, I will check periodically for any new posts. I wish every one of you the best. :)

I came across a website that might answer some of the questions posted here. Hope this helps :-)

surgeryencyclopedia.com/La-Pa/Liposuction.html

Hi there I have picked up this thread from Australia. I am only 3 weeks post op, after having had a breast reduction, chin lipo & tummy lipo. Boy what a journey! 8 hours after the 3 hour surgery i was told i had a blood clot the size of a fist in my left breast and would be taken back to surgery urgently - I remember the event vaguely - but thought that would be it. After being discharged for the 2nd time, I went home sore & sorry. 2 days later after losing alot of clots, the wound opened up in the shower (gross to see) and back to theatre again. In the meantime, I had no idea what was going on with my chin & tummy lipo... seems i was focussed elsewhere.
Now that I am home & the breasts are recovering (i think) I was looking for answers re my tummy. It is as hard as a rock - in the upper abdo area to the point of my breathing being hard. The pressure is huge and I feel really yuck. Has anyone tried using an electric massager? I dont have much strength in my arms at the moment. The under-chin is one hard lump and my surgeon said it will go - just keep massaging.
I am thinking i should have hired a massage therapist instead.
You have to laugh i guess and I hope someone out there has some really great results to share... I feel like I have been hit by a bus ---- need some good vibes....

I had the same procedure done but my doctor sent me to get massages by a physical theraphy doctor. That is what helps and really shapes the body by removing the water weight and hard spots. Maybe you should look into it. I purchased a 10 massage package and got it 3 times a week starting 2 weeks post lipo