I'm 26 and in reasonably good health. Over the past month I've suffered from numerous, long lasting bouts of nausea and stomach pain. My stomach is swollen all the time - at first I thought I was just bloated from being pre-menstrual, but I had my period and the bloating remained. My stomach feels hard and swollen and I feel like I've gained 5 lbs in a really short amount of time, even though I have not been eating more or exercising less. I am not pregnant, but the last time I had sex it was unusually painful.
Most recently I'm noticing a mild belly button infection. I've had that before, but I don't know if it could be related to whatever other stomach problem I'm having.
Any advice would be most appreciated. I don't have insurance at the moment, so I'm waiting to see a doctor; but if this could be serious, I'd like to know so I can do something.

Thanks.

hi there.

your symptoms that you describe are what I was experiencing prior to a program that I did for 3 months....I don't know if it is the solution for you but I can tell you that I am stomach problem free....and related conditions have subsided as a result. I did a colon cleanse ---check out *** edited by moderator no web addresses allowed and I did it for 3 months since I had never done it before. But my stomach is no longer distended...no pain and no symptoms as you described. Since you don't have insurance, it's worth checking out the website at least and seeing what others have said. Western doctors were unable to help me and the medicine they prescribed made it worse.

hope this helps some.

I am having distended stomach, its really has become much large and round and circular. i have been doing exercises and adding and changing my diet to an extend. now i gained about three kg in last one week and my stomach has really large and increased about 3-4 cm around my hips, but my thigh and arms size has decreased about 2-3 cms.
can you please give me the causes of this and also how to come out of this problem with is disturbing me a lot....

Hello there,

It sounds like you would benefit from a professional evaluation by a doctor. The symptoms you describe may be caused by pregnancy or numerous other conditions. This is true for many so-called pregnancy symptoms, including bloating, headache, increased appetite, irritability, constipation, nausea and vomiting.

If you think you could possibly be pregnant, especially if your periods are sometimes irregular, the best thing you can do at this point is to take a pregnancy test. That should give you a good starting point when deciding whether to see a doctor even if you are uninsured. If you are not pregnant, I think you should definitely see a doctor.

Good luck

Any woman who is not pregnant and is experiencing a distended abdomen, pain and/or nausea should see a doctor immediately. Ovarian cancer has these symptoms. You should NEVER wait to see a doctor if you are experiencing any such symptoms. My mother died after finding her own tumor. She had these symptoms, but by the time she acted on them it was too late. You have to be proactive and you have to be your own advocate. It doesn't matter how old you are...be careful.

i think if youre stomach has swollen and you have grown out of youre clothes you might be pregnant.
i remember when i was pregnant my stomach was swelling and i felt really tired, this was about the 19th week of pregnancy.
sometimes the pain could be where the baby is starting to get bigger.
or sometimes it could be a miscarriage, i had a miscarriage on my second pregnancy and i didnt like it but im glad i have a little baby daughter now called sarah. my baby sarah so cute. im getting the same thing now im pregnant for the third time, maybe you better take a pregnancy test that might help a bit. got to go i hope this will help you
bye
hannah

Pcos (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome ) can cause this also along with some other things you wouldnt even connect it to.

bagheera, hi
I am 27 and have the same story as you exept the infected belly-botton. I had sex with my boyfriend two weeks ago and it was painful. My stomach has bloated out alot and I feel like I have been gaining weight. I am in pain and discomfert. I am waiting until I go back home to see a doctor. Can you please tell me if you went to see a doctor and what the results were? Thanks a lot!

My stomach swells to the size that I was when I was 8 months preg.
It usally goes away in a few days ,but is VERY painful.I am 45 and have had a Hystecitomy{sp} so I KNOW I'm Not Preg....
I have had 2 heart stents,Migraines, Fibromyalgia ,2 blugging disc{whatever that means} and was DX with MS in 05 to be told by another Neuro Dr,That the lesions on my brain were caused by the migraines in his "opinion"...I am ready to give up..My stomach is really hurting tonight and there is no relief in sight !!
I've had ,Lupas test,liver test, etc...
Can anyone help Me????
Thanks, Carla Sue

I started birth control about a month ago. Because of the menstrual problems. I am 39. Over the last couple of weeks I have gained 7 lb-10 lbs. My stomach is swollen like I have alot of gas. I take mirlax because I have a slow colon. but, now I am concerned. I have 1/2 of a ovary left and I have been spotting for about 3 weeks, during intercourse I bleed like I am having my period, my lower back hurts my lower abdominal area hurts quick stabbing pains and then just general discomfort. Most of the spotting is observed during urination or a bowel movement. Unless I am doing some kind of activity. Help does anyone else ever have these symptoms. I had a pap smear about a month ago and it came back normal.

I suffer constantly with a bloated stomach and have gone from a size 8 to a size 12 purely because of my bloated stomach. My stomach is hard to the touch and I have constant painful spasms coupled with bouts of constipation and diarrhea.

I had various tests done to rule out serious problems, such as a barium enema, endoscopy, scans etc and my GP diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so maybe your symptoms relate to that in some way.

VERY LONG BUT IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP!!!

I am only 16 years of age, over the past couple of weeks I have suffered from sickness, nausea and swollen stomach, but all at separate times.
I am due my period this saturday coming and am on Loestrin'20 the contraceptive pill.
I started the pill as normal and ended up being sick one morning, before I went into school, afterwards I still remained nauseous but it gradually went away as I ate more, so I just felt it as normal as my pill sometimes does not agree with me.
A few days past and the nauseous came back, but this time it was as I was in bed at night, so I thought it was due to lack of food and drink, so I took something to eat to my room and ate it as I sat in bed watching TV.
One night I had a single bite from a "Blue Riband" this made me feel incredibly ill, so I simply went to bed and the next morning the tiny bite I had ate came up and I was sick, it was incredibly strange that the tiny bite had stayed in my stomach all night.
After that the night sickness feeling drifted away and I thought i was sorted. Wrong. My stomach bloated up. Firstly I panicked about pregnancy, still at school, staying on and with my life planned out with my boyfriend of 2years a child at this moment in my life was simply out of the question and I couldn't think of any reason of being it, although since my period my boyfriend and I have had sex more than normal, and as we only rely on my pill we arent as safe as we should be but usually this causes no real worry to us, and as I had my period 3weeks ago I could not imagine a child growing at the rate my stomach as swelled up.
Over the past couple of days it has became worse and I constantly feel over fed and massive, I keep looking at myself in the mirror and imagining all these horrible things going wrong inside me, and if i am pregnant how big will I be when James and I go to Italy in the summer if I for some reason do not find out what the problem is.
Can anyone suggest anything PLEASE.. I am so worried!!

I had the same pain, I was on the net for days trying to get some answers..finally went to the ER..guess what I have Gall Stones!!! Symptoms are bloating, nausea, abdominal pain, back pain and so on..I have to see a GI specialist but Im just happy to know what it is

I am having these symptoms every is mentioning. I noticed something about PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOD last August. Maybe the majority of us has this and it's what causing these problems. My insurance just ran out last month, or I would go to a doctor. Has anyone went to a doctor to see what their problem is/was?

YES YOU HAVE LYME DISEASE. It is extremely contraversial since it costs insurance companies so much money to treat with long term antibiotics. It does get better. The bone involvement is commen, the bloating, the migraines, fibromyalgia is a scape goat diagnosis. Have your doctor put in writing you DO NOT have the disease. If he does just the Lyme Titer, it will not show up, but he needs to make a clinical diagnosis and also test you with the full panel including the Lyme Eleasa and the Western Blot and several others. Remember people make them put in writing you do not have it. The doctors at the institute of health have $ invested in drug companies. Of course they have interests where they shouldn't. You need to push this diagnosis you will get better with long term treatment of antibiotics.