Hi. I'm 40 year old male. i have been feeling very slight discomfort in both groins now and again. My lymph glands in my groins, especially on right side have been larger than normal for several months. i also have a small soft bulge on my right abdomen (about halfway down and just above the inguinal ligament). it's not even noticeable unless i look under a light. Not sure if this is recent or not. Perhaps only noticed it because i am more aware? anyway the bulge is not painful or anything. Also noticed when i bend back slightly, both inguinal ligaments (at least that's what i think they are) are very pronounced - is this normal.

I had groin pain back in the summer and saw a urologist in august who said nothing wrong. this week i saw my doctor again and examined me and she thought nothing wrong. she said the bulge was a little too high for a hernia and the current groin discomfort linked to my running.

should i get a 2nd opinion?  

Hello Jambam,

I see that you are having groins pains on both sides for several months now.  You have been diagnosed with nothing at this point.   You have some type of growth, lump there.  I unsure why any of these doctors would not try to take a biopsy to check this out.  It could be serious.  You mentioned that you exercise and you might think this is linked to that in terms of your running.   All of this is possible of course but chances are with swollen lymph nodes in that area would indicate an infection of some type.  I would have a doctor check out the swolllen lymph glands.  A blood test would can be initially done to see for high white blood cells counts that would indicate an infection.  But, material can be taken from you swollen lymph glands to see what it is there as well..  I think the bottom line is: yes you need a second opion  and make sure they run the necessary tests to evaluate your situation.  I don't know if you have insurance which by the way may not pay for most of this or you are uninsured, go forward and ask for the help you need.  Your symptms might suggest a testicular cancer so don't delay.

thanks susan, my doctor did check my testicles. incidentally my groin pain has worsened in last day or so. no pain but a mild discomfort. i will get a 2nd opinion with a different doctor as soon as i can and demand blood tests.

Had 2nd opinion from different doctor - said lump too high for hernia. blood and urine tests have all come back normal. Was told to get thyroid check in 6 months. What now? Both groins still have little discomfort mainly at nighttime. Still got inflamed lymph nodes - especially on my right side and the lump. Also noticed when i run, my right testicle feels like it is being pulled a little upwards and need to just adjust it now and again.