Good evening, folks. My friend had recently some elbow fracture. She is all right now and she didn’t experience any complications, thank God for that. However, I am worried about some later possible complications. Is elbow fracture always followed with the elbow osteoarthritis? I hope someone will answer. Thank you for replying. Bye!

Hello, there. You are right. Elbow osteoarthritis can appear later in life due to elbow fracture. However, I think this is not necessarily. Other risk factors can be involved. It all depends how this joint heals from fracture. Sex is also important, since women have more tendencies to osteoarthritis. Age is also relevant. Usually people after 40 develop osteoarthritis. Your friend could talk to a specialist to see how to prevent it. Bye!

Hello. My friend had elbow injury when he was younger. He is now 60 years old and he still hasn’t developed elbow osteoarthritis. I don’t know what exactly determines whether this condition will appear later in life. Maybe his elbow healed properly after this fracture. I agree that your friend should discuss with her specialist. Maybe there are some ways of preventing it. I hope she will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!