Hi, guys. My wife has just delivered a beautiful baby. She will come soon home with her. I would like to know what home temperature baby requires. This is our first child and there are a lot of things that we don’t know about. I hope some of you can help. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Congratulations for your newborn. Since this is your first, I can imagine that you have a lot of questions. It is recommended to keep the home temperature between 68 and 72 degrees. Of course, this is temperature for winter periods. In the summer, this would be between 75 and 78 degrees. You can consult your pediatrician about the details. I hope I was helpful. Good luck with all! Please, don’t hesitate to ask me anything that you are interested in.

Hello. I would also like to congratulate you. This is very important part of your lives. You shouldn’t over-bundle your baby. Let your baby wear light clothes. An infant shouldn’t be hot. Overheating can harm your baby. If you are not sure about this, consult with your pediatrician. I hope this helps. Bye!

Many people try to keep the thermostate low, especially with the rising cost of heat and electricity but when a baby is in the home, one has to make a few exceptions.
Keep the heat to where you are comfortable, not sweating, not freezing. Keep it to where you don't have to be in the house with a sweater on.
If you are to warm, so is the baby, if you are chilly, so is the baby. They are just like us, only in a smaller package.
Winter months call for feetie jammies and blanket sleepers with the diaper and probably the onesie under that, add the heavy blanket and possibly the receiving blanket as well, baby will be warm enough without cranking up the heat.
If baby is to hot, you will feel it when you hold her and her hair will be curled up and damp along with red cheeks.
Many babies can't sleep well if they are over heated.