Since the weather has been cooling down, my feet freeze whenever I ride. It usually takes an hour and lots of hot water to defrost my toes. Do those booties that go over your riding shoes work well? Any other suggestions?

Does this only happen when you ride or even when you are outside as well. I run/ride in Thorlo's in the cooler weather and they seem to keep my feet warm.

I don't like where in gets super cold, but from what I've read, those over the shoe booties are supposed to work pretty well. I'm assuming your riding shoes have plenty of mesh that works well in the summer, but does a terrible job in the winter.

My feet are usually fine when I run, except for when it gets down into the 20's. But they warm up after a few miles. I just started riding this summer, so the cool weather is a new thing for me. What are thorlos?

Thorlo's are a brand of sock that have a bunch of cushioning. Being the non-computer person that I am, I can't give you a link or a pic. But Greg or PH will be by shortly and help us out with that!

Thick socks is what they are.

While our temperatures don't get so cold here, winter means lots of wind and rain, so we are constantly battling the wind chill factor.

The booties work well, in that while your feet might still get wet (depending on what type of bootie you use), they don't get anywhere near so cold when they aren't subjected to the wind factor. I certainly find they make a huge difference.

I wear Windstoppers, but I have heard that the Neoprene type of bootie also work well in colder temperatures.