A few years back I was diagnosed with myopia. The optometrist prescribed for glasses and said to wear it always. I followed his instructions and wear glasses always. But recently, my vision starts getting blurred and I visited another eye clinic named University eye clinic in Toronto. I was diagnosed with glaucoma and recommended a laser surgery as soon as possible. Is it common that myopia patients gets diagnosed with glaucoma or is it due to bad treatment? Can laser surgery cure it completely? Is there any treatment other than surgery possible to treat glaucoma?

People with myopia are prone to what we call open-angle glaucoma. It is because of the changes in connective tissue structure and arrangement that the myopic eyes are damaged. This can be treated witheye drops, pills, eye operations or laser surgery. Or sometimes a combination of these methods. You can ask for a second opinion from the myvisioncare optometrists to double check your eye condition.

Hi, Drugs will be given to reduce the pain and pressure. Laser treatment or minor surgery will be needed but is not painful. You do not need to worry the ophthalmologist may advise. Consult a good ophthalmologist.