Hello! My daughter is ten years old. Her school doctor discovered some problems with her eye sight during the last check up and sent her to the ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist diagnosed mild myopia. I was surprised since she has never complained. Actually, she did complain on headache lately but we didn’t pay much attention. Are myopia and headaches related somehow?

Hello! Headache can sometimes accompany myopia but it is not the sign of myopia itself. The only symptom of myopia is blurred vision for distance objects. Maybe her headaches occur after extended periods of reading or watching television or any other activity that requires intense concentration. If you notice her headache usually disappears after a period of rest than this is related to the activities named before. Of course, if her headaches are very often and intensive you should visit her doctor in order to find the cause.