I have just gotten my blood test back and the reason I have been so sick for such a long time is due to no (none) Cortisol in my body and in return Causing Extreme Adrenal Gland Problems. I am very weak, and my blood sugar is very low due to this. I have done research on Low Cortisol But I have found not much information on this. I have found tons of information on High Cortisol. My Doctor Prescribed me Prednisone 5 mg a day. Is there something I can do naturally to reverse this problem? I am so tired and weak. Everytime I eat I go to sleep. I have no motivation whatsoever to do anything. Help.... Does anyone have any information on how to increase cortisol levels? Thank you Pamm

Follow your doctor's orders--seriously. Low cortisol can be life threatening if left untreated, so while you can do some natural things to help, you will need to take the predisone or a similar medication if your case is severe enough to warrant a doctor's prescription of it. It never hurts to get a second opinion (of a board certified endocrinologist), but don't ignore this. I'm into natural solutions for a lot of things, but not this. It sounds like you have Addison's and you should feel a lot better after treatement. Some natural helpers (not replacements for the meds) are licorice and perhaps a gentle adaptogen like Rhodiola IF your doctor OK's it. Also get plenty of rest and nourishment and mental relaxation until the meds kick in while your body (and mind) slowly recover from this hypoadrenal fatigue...

WHAT I'VE NOTICED IN MANY OF THESE POST....QUESTIONS ABOUT SYMPTOM, ETC. IS LITTLE FACTS ARE GIVEN. SOMETIMES...WE HAVE MANY SYMPTOMS...THAT ARENT THE NORM FOR MOST....BUT ONLY MENTION ONE...THATS THE KEY IN A LOT OF THINGS....IF I SAID...I HAVEN FREQUENT HEADACHES..AND DIDNT MENTION....BLURRED VISION...OR NO MENSTRUAL CYCLE...ETC...EVERYONE WILL ASSUME...THATS ALL ONE HAS IS, HEADACHES...THAT COULD MEAN ANYTHING. I SAY THIS..BECAUSE...MY DAUGHTER JUST FOUND OUT..SHE IS GLUTEN INTOLERANT...CELIAC DISEASE...SHE HAS SO MANY SYMPTOMS...THAT SHES HAD MOST OF HER LIFE....WE JUST NEVER PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER...I DONT THINK THERE IS ONE SYMPTOM OF CELIAC...THAT SHE DOESNT HAVE. SO, KNOWING IF THERE ARE OTHER THINGS GOING ON....THAT YOU MIGHT NOT RELATE TO IT....WOULD HELP IN THESE BLOGS...I HAVE BECOME A PRO...ABOUT CELIAC...GLUTEN INTOLERANCE....BECAUSE I HAD ALL THE INFO....I FOUND OUT WHAT SHE HAD....BY ACCIDENT....LOOKING AT THESE BLOGS...BUT IT TOOK ALL THE INFO..TO FIGURE IT OUT....AND SURE ENOUGH....THATS WHAT SHE HAS........MY POOR DAUGHTER..SINCE 6 YEARS OLD..(SHES 33 NOW" HAS SUFFERED WITH THIS....AND NO ONE PUT THE PIECES OF THE PUZZLE TOGETHER....UNTIL THE DAY I SAW THE BLOG ABOUT GLUTEN INTOLERANCE. BUT, LIKE I SAID....IT TOOK KNOWING ALL HER SYMPTOMS. I JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD DO THAT...GIVE MORE INFO...THATS NOT THE NORM...FOR MOST...THAT YOU MIGHT NOT RELATE TO YOUR ISSUE...BUT SOMEONE ELSE MAY HAVE THE SAMETHING...SAME SYMPTOMS....AND, I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME MAY NOT HAVE ANY OTHER SYMPTOMS...BUT, IF ITS JUST A HEADACHE....WHO KNOWS...BUT, IF ITS A HEADACHE WITH OTHER ABNORMAL THINGS...SOMEONE ELSE MAY ALREADY KNOW WHAT MOST LIKELY IS THE PROBLEM.

Yes you need to be on cortisol replacement for the rest of your life. But to start with you need to be on at least 10 mg of predisone to start with for the first 2 months. I have been going throught the same thing and after the first week of predisone I noticed a great big change. It might have also caused very low blood pressure. Did it?? If so you also c=get swelling because you kidney don't work right with low blood pressure.

It took almost 3 years of testing but my husbands Doctor finally diagnosed him with Addison's Disease.  His body was not producing any Cortisol either. By the time they figured it out, he was almost dead.  He can't take Prednisone so he's taking Hydrocortisone and Fludrocortisone.  They monitor his blood and back off of or increase either accordingly. Sometimes he has to take Iron, sometimes Vitamin D.  It's a constant adjustment.

I am researching this too and can not find anything. I haven't been diagnosed but I am sure I have low coritsol. Its funny that your doctor recommended prednisone because I've used that in the past for Asthma and it helped my other symptoms dramatically. WOW.

I have exactly what you have and it's always getting worse.  I've seen a naturopath about it for over a year, but the vitamins and supplements and eating tips they give me only go so far.  I've finally made an appointment to go see a doctor about it.  I'd be happy to hear of anything that you tried that may have worked?

Thanks