I’ve been experiencing a very strong sensation of pain in my eye. I don’t know what to do with it - it is not burning, itching, blurry vision... it is simply pain. It feels as if somebody is drilling my eye... It is not constant, but sometimes it lasts for several hours - I take pain - killers to stop it. How serious can eye pain be? I suppose I should talk to ophthalmologist.

This can be very serious and I suggest you stop take pain - killers without instructions and go to ophthalmologist at once. I went through that and I know how gloomy it can be and how it can end. I hesitated to go and have my eyes checked although I sometimes couldn’t sleep at night due to the pain. My eye was also red and eyelids were almost stuck and refused to separate even ten minutes after I would wake up. I had troubles when I finally left - I couldn’t describe the feeling properly and the doctor spent about twenty minutes looking in my eye, poking it and sticking various tools in it while trying to locate foreign body. After tests, tests and more tests I was diagnosed with severe glaucoma (the condition is caused by intraocular pressure higher than normal). Had I waited a bit longer, I would have probably permanently impaired my vision. I had to take eye drops, three kinds of eye drops (topical beta-blockers, topical steroid drops and pupil - constricting eye drops) and also some pills. So don’t be stupid, just go and see the doctor, it may become too late.