Hey! I’ve been to a gyno’s office and got diagnosed with Candida or also called yeast infection. The doc prescribed some pills to me, but my friend told me that drinking yogurt can help treat yeast infection. Is this true or just another of those stories? Please advice, as I feel awful knowing I have this disease. Thanx for the info!!!!

Well, there are some rumors about it and possible explanations on how yogurt can help with yeast infection. There are bacteria called L. acidophilus in yogurt, which has the ability to keep the rowdy Candida in check. So, applying L. acidophilus to the area where Candida is already out of control can help restore peace to the region. (Btw, yeast infection starts when normally occurring colonies of the bacterium Candida albicans get a little bit out of control). Medical researchers have shown that eating 8 oz of yogurt daily can help avoid Candida uprisings or stop them after they've started. But you have probably got capsules that contain L. acidophilus for treating the crazy old Candida.