Less than a week ago, I noticed a small cut on the left side of my vagina lip which was painful when I touched it. It looked as if my skin was raw.  I figured that I cut myself shaving so was counting on the cut to heal itself in a few days, but I had no idea when or how I cut myself.  When the cut didn't seem to heal, I put neosporin on it.  Later that evening, I had sex with my girlfriend.. who told me that I "tasted" differently down there and I thought it was because of the neosporin.  The next day I started itching and became pretty sore.  The cut is taking forever to heal.  At night the pain and itching would be so bad that it kept me up.  I began taking Monistat 1 and the first night that the medication was in my vagina the itching subsided completely.  It's only my second day on the medication.  I have been with my girlfriend for 4 months and have been monogamous ever since.  However, I don't have health insurance at the moment so am seeking any advice that I can get my hands on! 

I also used a flavored lubricant less than two weeks ago that was inserted into my vagina and I feel like I could have had an allergic reaction to this.  Besides that, I bathed with two different scented bubble baths. Could both of these have something to do with what I am experiencing? 

Yeast infection is possible. 

Yeast infection is caused by a fungus called "Candida albicans" which is normally found in small amounts in the vigina. This infection is often found on people with weakened immune system, in most cases it is not the sex activities which bring women yeast infections.

Try to eat a lot of yogurt or put the yogurt directly on your privates.Sugar and carbs could also do work. Besides, try drinking more water might help as well. Moreover,I suggest you circumscribe all sexual activity until this has been expunged.

Yeast infection is not something serious in most cases, but lots of women are bothered by recurrent infection and can't find their way out. If your antibiotis has developed drug resistence, there's a herbal medicine named . Pill also works well, you can google it and have a look. Hope you can get rid of your ailment soon.