im 15 and ive been getting panic attacks almost every day and every night.
sometimes theyre so bad that my pupils get fully dialated
my jaw clenches down
my muscles feel like theyre cramping up
and i shake at the same time.

i dont know what happens! ill get really freaked out because ill feel light headed or something and i just dont wanna pass out. so i say to myself "okay emma your fine. relax." but i eventually freak out and start crying.
so my doctor prescribed me zoloft which is an anti depressent.
at first i was extremely depressed because i have always been VERY against taking medication. my mom suffers from severe depression and social anxiety disorder, and she takes pills everyday. so shes like a zombie half the time.

if anybody knows anything about zoloft please let me know!!!!
side effects?
does it help?

Hey, I was in the same boat as you, I started having panic attacks everyday about 4 months ago and it really sucked. I went through taking a couple of medications (Prozac, Buspar) to treat my panic attacks. Neither did anything or even made things worse. I was taking Atavan witch is a benzodiazepine, I was only taking that when i had panic attacks and it worked great but it is very addictive and since i was having panic attacks everyday i was just digging deeper into an addiction. So don't take any benzos because it sucks when you try to stop taking them, trust me. As the same as you i really dont like relying on drugs to feel better so i was pretty much fed up with everything they were trying to give me. Then a doctor percribed me Zoloft (25mg/Day) and about after a week of taking it my panic attacks started to be less severe and after about a month I was panic attack free. Zoloft worked wonders for me, but everyone is different and it may not work for you but i thought i should at least give you some hope because i was there once and i know what its like. I have been panic attack free now for like a month and im still taking Zoloft and I feel like a new person. It also doesnt make me feel like a robot, i feel like myself but better. Any more questions e-mail me at _[removed]_

i too take zoloft, and am trying to find an alternative. good luck!

Sounds more like low blood sugars, or hypoglycemia...do some research on reactive hypoglycemia and syndrome X hypoglycemia....it helped me get my life back!