Yes I've also experienced very bad panic attacks when using Marijuana. I used to enjoy it and love to get high. I never got really stoned though until my friend sold me some of this really strong weed called White Widow. I went into my closet and smoked a bowl then ate and was feeling good, but after an hour or so I thought about getting really stoned and smoking two more bowls really fast, and so I did I was fine for a while but then something hit me. I had the worst panic attack ever. I knew I wasn't going to die but it was the most uncomfortable feeling i've ever experienced. I couldn't control my self at all. The only thing that seemed to help a little bit was to pace back and forth. The panic attack went off and on for three days. It was horrible. I did smoke alittle bit after a month and still had panic attacks except they only lasted like 5 to 10 minutes. I've been clean now for 9 months and the first 3 months were the worst because I went through a withdrawl stage and had lots of panic attacks and feared death and then had a depersonilization disorder. I am currently fine now but I want to start smoking again just a little bit though and not Hyrdo just a little bit of regular weed with my best friend because I feel so left out and kinda miss the good times I experienced with Marijuana.

Think about what you went though before you smoke again. I went through a similar situation. I was very drunk and smoked, Got extremely high and dizzy. I created panic in my mind and it was a terrible feeling. It is going away but very slowly.
I do think you may have casued youself to panic think making youself think that you got too high.

I dont think you can get a definite answer because every person is different. Maybe just try a small amount and see how you feel. Weed isnt for everyone.

I plan on taking a long break

well man, coming from a guy that has done marijuana and it was either laced or incredibly strong, it's quite obvious that everything you put into your body must be in dose. If you drink too much alcohol, you black out and puke, smoke too much marijuana and you flip out and lose control. White widow is probably the second or third strongest marijuana out there besides purple haze and cali kush. You need to know what kind of marijuana and if it is laced too because sometimes you'll get weed from a friend and not even they will know if it's laced because they got it off of their dealer. My side effect is that i get paranoia and i start to hear things every half hour or so but then it goes away. You can't really overdose on weed but if you are going to do it, you have to be responsible about it.

haha white widow is nothin homie. try some chronic train reck grown in oregon and i garentee you will be super blazed after a couple bowls! i am unfortunelty going through marijuana withdrawals right this second because i have smoked for 34 hours! i know dude wtf am i think right? naw im trying to quit cause its messin up my life. i love weed to much to stop forever so i would tell you you get back on that sh*t man its amazing haha

Don't smoke so many bowls at a time. Take it slower.

the same exact uncomfortableness feeling happened to me after i smoked "sour diesel" they told me it was just really good weed and i took a good 10 or 12 hits off this joint (which is alot, i havnt smoked 3 months prior to this) and i had really racey thoughts of wanting to kill myself and stuff and it was the most uncomfortable i've ever felt mentally and just like u said the only thing that helped was pacing back and forth...my friends went back inside the house but i didnt want to i stayed outside for another 10 minutes walking around aimlessly just trying to keep my mind off the horrible uncomfortableness and they kept wanting me to come inside. the next day the kid that sold it to the kid who smoked me up said it was laced with opium which i guess is a downer?... it was the msot screwed up and scared mentally ive ever been, besides when i tripped on salvia...but thats another story. i havnt smoked since this time, smoking weed isnt my thing anyways...i think the white widow just madef u so high it was equivalent to how high i was off that suor deisel stuff or it might have been laced with something, like mine that had opium in it. i think u CUD smoke marijuana again, just dont do the white widow, cuz u were fine before u smoked that, so its obviously the thc potency in that type of weed.

I dont Think You Shuld Anymore , Im Not , After Today When i bLACKED Out AND Hit My Head Im Never Smoking Ever Agin !

I had a similar experience with panic attacks and weed. For first and second year of university I had been smoking weed everyday, 3-5 times a day (2grams-3grams) and doing fine with life and school. I would smoke the really expensive strains and was not a fan of average stuff because it wouldnt get me high and I preferred really mellow highs or great mind highs. Anyways, at the end of second year my friends and I finished school and it was the break period before exams so we decided to get really fuked up. Me and my friend smoked two joints, one of Blue Domino and another Northern Lights before meeting up with a few other friends to try some "Green Goblin" a strain I didnt hear about, and it wasnt my dealer so I didnt really think it was all that pure but I smoked up anyways. Once we got into my friend's building I started tripping, it didnt help that two of my friends had an argument and one kicked in the glass of the apartment side door and then drove off, the sound of the glass breaking rocked me and I equated it to a gun going off. When we went in the elevator to go the apartment I thought a guy in a suit was an "Agency" man and that he had a gun. I was so nervous we were going to die and ran out of the elevator when we got on my friend's floor. Once inside the apartment we burned some and I still started to trip. I told my friends I felt dizzy and maybe it was because I inhaled smoke from burning a piece of thick paper with my lighter while just sitting back in the coach. Then one of my friend's says "Toast is burning" and that is a line from a commercial where doctors do brain surgery and the patient smelled "burnt toast" when he began to have a stroke, so I tripped out big time, and kept asking him why he said that. Then I got up and started to pace and my mind was running while and I started to say random things and started to repeat myself and then told them I felt really dizzy and that I began to feel like I was "dying". I almost fainted and then told my friends I couldn't breathe, I really thought I was dying and told my friends to call 911. One of my friends called and gave me the phone and the women identified that I was having a panic attack. It was the first time I had a panic attack and she pointed out that we talked for two minutes during the time that my friends and I went back down and to my friend's car so that they could drive me to a clinic or something. So I accepted that I was still alive and breathing and just kept her on the phone to talk and distract myself until we got to campus where my friend decided he would take me to the clinic. When I got there I collapsed in the sports complex and said I couldnt breathe and foot patrol brought a doctor and a those respiratory breathers and checked my pulse and told me it was fine and just a little high. So then as the doctor just talked to me I had this really uncomfortable feeling of having two states of mind, one that was satisfied with the facts everyone was telling me and wanting to believe this, that my pulse was fine, that I just need to hyperventilate to control breathing, and the other where my mind was out of control. Anyways, they told me to sleep it off, so the next day I meet with my buddy and I tried to smoke a J thinking that the occurrence a one time thing but it happened again after two tokes (this was a different strain from what triggered the panic attack a day earlier) and I went to the campus clinic and stayed with a doctor until it passed. After that I begin to have them periodically and saw counselling which said I need to stop smoking weed. So I stopped over 3 months but had massive paranoia, heard some voices during the first month, and had panic attacks for about 3 months. Finally they subsided. I still wanted to be part of weed culture, especially around campus so I bought some weed to sell and after a 5 month break tried some and had this feeling where something evil came over me, which I feared could be the onset of further panic attacks. So periodically throughout the year I would smoke barely a toke and feel slightly high but also really anxious and fear that panic attacks would return. The worst was when I did a bucket, I did not have much control of the situation but it did not progress to a panic attack as the counselor last year taught me some tactics for dealing with panic attacks, such as counting backwards down from a 100 in 3s which I had to employ in this situation once I started to feel anxious. So after about 8 months of barely smoking, once April came I decided I'd not bother to try to smoke anymore until I could really understand the underlying reasons for the panic attacks, and paranoia, if it was a combination of potent weed/sketchy laced weed, withdrawal or other psychological issues. I truly miss weed in my life and do not accept an easy answer as "Just Don't Smoke" as I have already over the past year induced some panic attacks and uncomfortable state of minds just to try it again to see if i could do it often. I feel I need hard evidence as to if I can or cannot smoke again. If anyone has any research or scientific findings on this that they could point me to that would be appreciated. I also now am planning on seeing a shrink to ask point blank and assess if and when I can smoke weed on the regular again. I really need weed in my life, over the past year without weed I have performed worse in school, have had poor sleep patterns, have not done menial tasks that I find bothersome which I would get done when I was high. I also found weed improved my focus and these days seem to have ADHD without it. And the culture and lifestyle is one I have trouble being without, as well as the mental insights I gain. I know how good life can be while high and to be without it is depressing because I know each and everyday the quality of life that I am missing, from the friends, the high, the insights and perspectives you gain on life and from enjoying music etc. I really want to be able to smoke again, and I do not just accept NO without backup evidence. I know weed is less researched and if anyone has information on psychological effects and weed and its affects on panic attacks long term and studies that tracked users I would appreciate it!

I posted the previous post, I just wanted to add that I also plan to grow some hydroponics and try to smoke it so that lacing of weed is ruled out as to potential causes of my panic attacks.

I got some advice that if I take motion sickness pills and/or eat ginger/ drink ginger ale with real ginger (like Canada Dry), I should be able to ward off the initial feelings of dizziness that usual are at the onset of a panic attack before things spiral out of control. Anyone else hear this or know if it would work/any other ways to deal with this weed associated sickness?

Had a similar experience a few times, first was about a year ago did it with some friends (I was relatively new to weed at that time), i felt fine then started laughing uncontrolably, then when i sat down i began to almost trip, whatever I said seemed to repeat itself then when I thought about it I couldnt remember if it was real or not. My friends tried to calm me down, but I continued to become more and more freaked out. I started to get confused about normal things that happen to my body, for example if my hand got cold it would scare me and feel 100X colder than it normally should. I also greened a bit. After it wore off, I stopped it for a while and tried to wein myself back on a few months back with my mates again, it started okay, but then we smoked a 10bag in one joint i got super high and it happened again, I managed to control myself kinda but the next day I felt awful. Also when it first happened I had massive mood swings, and felt almost like thinking to myself in my head was weird and I shouldnt do it. Essentially massive panic attacks, massive mood swings, massive paranoia, illness, depression. Dont think i'll continue doing it anymore.

try a joint instead

I've been dealing with the uncomfortable mental states you guys have been talking about. I've had them for about 10 years and i still smoke. There are ways to manage it, and I've decided the positives of smoking outweigh the panic state. For me i think it all comes down to breathing and thinking too much. It puts my brain on hyper drive, and creates tension in my body, making it hard to breathe. Well why would you smoke if it does that some might ask. The answer is that while it does create a tension that wasn't there before, it wakes my senses up...i become aware of perceptions that my mind was unconsciously blocking and filtering out. My balance and muscle control is better, my hearing greatly improved. So i smoke and deal with the negative aspects. Long slow deep breaths, exhaling completely. Too many people breathe shallow in their upper chest. Your breathe should come from your stomach. I do that naturally but when i get high it's like a flip switches and i breathe shallow. Fixing that and controlling a racing thoughts helps me to enjoy my buzz, which is why I smoke in the first place. It's and ongoing process, like life, but it gets better every joint i smoke.

I'm going through similar sh*t. Used to smoke pretty much all the time for two years and it took one joint that gave me a mini panic attack and now it's been seven months and I feel depersonalized and forever anxious. And I wasn't quite so anxious before or during my pot days. Every time I reach out for a joint, I get scared I'll feel even more depersonalized, and it's an eerie feeling, and I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. I want more than anything to be able to smoke and enjoy it like I used to and have NO IDEA how to get back to that level. Has anyone been depersonalized this way and gotten over it?

man its no joke i had severe panic attacks from pot, people may call me a p***y and what not but they havnt gone through what i have, and i know what you mean by everything you said