I abused weed for 3 years now smoke heavily everyday got put in a rehab program stopped smoking for 5 weeks tried it one more time had a massive panic attack scariest thing i ever experianced in my life my mom tells me panic attacks run in the family now i have them daily any answers to help me stop having them im also try to quit cigarettes cold turkey starting yesterday...

Thank goodness you are asking for help Steve, my son's friend who was top of the class and a great graphic designer got into weed in the first year of college, when he qualified cum laude five years later he started work in a brilliant job but started having panic attacks, these developed into paranoia and he now drives a delivery van part time for a living, is as skinny as a rake and very depressed, he stopped blowing as soon as the paranoia started but for him it was too late.  My son was scared into stopping after 10 years of blowing when he saw what had happened to his friend.  It is not too late for you and you are asking for help so that is half of the battle.  For the panic attacks, throw your arms into the air and take deep breaths, strange but it really helped me, for smoking I stopped with the Allen Carr book, Stop Smoking the Easy Way, amazing but true, I was smoking nearly 50 a day after I stopped drinking, the book seems like repetitive rubbish to start with but it stopped me and millions of others.  The biggest weapon you have is the will to stop and you have that, you now just have to find the easiest way.  I would try AA, addiction is addiction no matter what the substance, I am a recovering alcoholic and thanks to the AA have not had a drink for nearly 18 years, thanks to the fantastic people I met who understood me and what I was going through I stopped drinking, that is what you need now, people who understand.

I wish you the very best of luck Steve.

Chezzie