WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF HAVING AN ICD IN MY CHEST AND SMOKING MARIJUANA, i JUST WANNA KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS ANY OPINION ON THIS FOR OR AGAINST THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I`ve had HCM/IHSS since I was 17 and had my 5 years ago at 25 years old. MJ is the reason I found out I had a heart defect. Was smoking with friends one day  when my heart started racing. Had a major panic attack. When to the ER and they found out that I had IHSS/HCM. I still smoke but nothing like i use to. Let me be a fact that MJ raises your blood pressure and can cause panic attacks. Smoke until your comfortable and nothing more. I take two hits and I`m feeling great for a couple of hours. Anymore than that and my heart rate raises and I go on the verge of hypertension. Natures anti-depressant is great but use it like anything else, in moderation. ;FTW: Weed`s not going to cause your ICD to fire unless you have a major heart episode. 

Wow! this is great to know....I too have an icd implant and indulge occasionally and am active at 58 and live healthy. Full Medical check up every six months...

I have had an ICD for 10 years. My first one lasted 4 years but due to technology this one has lasted longer. It still has a year left. I'm totally 100% paced. I smoke weed everyday as I just enjoy the relaxation at the end of the day. However, I have been having episodes of not enough oxygenated blood getting to my arms and legs and it's is extremely painful and the only thing to make it stop is quit smoking weed. I know this because I went on a cruise and after not being able to smoke weed after 4 days I could breathe and walk with no pain. So as bad as I hate to I'm going to have to completely quit. So... If you're truly honest about it....unfortunately that's probably the truth of weed and Chf. I've got to say CHF totally sucks! It's like a slow cancer :(

Thank You for letting me know. I've had mine for about 6months and been steady puffing 2 to3 blunts a day. I know it would be better to convert to ZizZag's or a pipe but I'm stuck on Blunts for now. As long as i know that there are others out there like me, I feel comfortable as you know what!

I have had my ICD for about 3 months now and I smoke wed everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. I don't really have an issue with it besides and increased heart rate immediately after smoking. I always feel my friends heart beats after we smoke and mine is always pretty much the same, so idk if I just pay attention to it more or if it's because of my ICD.

How long after your implant did you wait to smoke again?

How long did you wait to smoke weed after your icd implant? I just got one day a few days ago and need a blunt bad with all this hurricane drama I just need to relax.

I've been smoking weed for over 30 years I've had a pace maker fitted with a defibrillator. I'm scared of smoking weed as I don't want to set it off I tryed a small joint when I got home I had a flickering sensation. Do I need to stop as having loads if withdrawal and anxiety would hash be better?