Hey guys im 17, I started smoking weed roughly about a year and a half ago only occassionly with my mates. As months went passed i got more addicted to it where it got to a point where I was smoking everyday. This happened for about 3 months until i got my first anxiety attack at my friends house while I was high. We were on the way to his house coming back from my other friends house where we were smoking earlier that day.. I had a sudden jolt up my body and that began the anxiety attack. I thought i was honestly dying and my dad was at a concert that night so i called him up after the concert to see what time he will be home (freaking out). I had anxiety for ages after this to the point where it was really depressing. I saw my doctor and sent me to a psychiatrist and she said it was Anxiety from Anxiety :S. She gave me all these different techniques to deal with it although stupid me i didnt sit down to study them.. The doctor put me on some medication called Zoloft(anti depressent medication, commonly used for anxiety) so i could resume school again and get back to study. Things began to get great and I was back to normal again!! and sadly i didn't think it was the pot that caused my anxiety so i started smoking again. I have been smoking everyday for the passed month and abit while I have been on this zoloft and everything has been fine two days ago i felt really anxious and all yesterday i had a really tight chest and I was very anxious. I stopped pot completely today but felt really depressed and had a tight chest all day. I thought it was the coming down off the pot for some weird reason so i decided to have a cone this arvo when i suddenly got a panic attack again! oh gosh do i remember them well... I am definatly quitting pot permanently this time because i just knew how screwed up it was for me the last time i had anxiety.

This is my story and i just really want to know if i keep off the pot while i keep taking this zoloft(anti depressent medication) will i go back to the way I was two days ago. The last couple of days has felt SOOO weird for me and its really depressing I really just want to feel normal again and get rid of this anxious/tight chest feeling. I don't seem to get anxiety in little bits just massive chucks like endless weeks.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. Do you exercise much or at all? Regular physical exercise can help you manage your anxiety attack much better.

So i have been told, i used to be a regular gym user about 4 months ago. I might just have to sign back up.. I do walk my dog twice a day but that has got alittle dull since i stopped smoking pot.

get some ativan it helped me so much ween i smoke weed

I don´t know if smoking and being medicate is worst. Like you are modifiyng your body and mind while smoking and plus have to take a pill for not feel pannik? I think it´s to much...and one day you will feel worst..but i´m not anyone to talk about this...i was medicatd and smoking weed and i felt bad all the time and a zombie. Now i left pills and mj at the same time and i just want to smoke again. It´s a terible cycle but i know if i start to smoke again all the problems come again and i´m tired....i´m still learning to live without mj..i don´t smoke for about 7 months. I have a new job and maybe i will get some body exercice and also quit smoking ciggs.