Hi, folks. My mother has been experiencing some constant bone fractures in last few months. This is very strange to me and I am beginning to be scared that this could point to a bone cancer. I would really like to know what this means. Can anyone give me some more info? Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. The causes of constant bone fractures are various. First, one can be really clumsy and break her bones. However, older people have tendency to break their bones more frequently. You haven’t mentioned your mother’s age. If she is over 60, then bones can be changed due to osteoporosis process. These kinds of bones have more tendencies to break. On the other hand, if a person is younger, some other causes can be present. Cancer is just one of them. The impairment of the parathyroid glands function can also be responsible. Everything that changes the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus can be responsible. Your mother should go for more tests.