i was diagnosed with moderate disc deydration at l5-s1conus ends t12-L1 at l5-s1 there is right paracentral subligamentous disc protrusion with moderate mass effect upon the adjacent right S1nerve root ten years ago n the pain is getn worse back then i said i would live with the pain becAuse doctors said there was nothing they can do i done ciropractoers n they made the pain worse but now it is to the point to where i cant stand the pain anymore what surgery can be done to elaminate some of the pain tens years is long enough to be n pain

Only a surgeon can tell you what surgery might help you. I understand how you feel about so many years in pain. I had my surgery on L5 S1 in 1998; to me the relief was awesome. However by 2008 I could no longer sit due to pain, it feels like a fire in my back nonstop. So back to dr. I go had my mri and found scar tissue has engulfed where herniated disc was, the scar tissue has grown into my nerves, and many other lower lumber every lumbar disc of mine has herniated most landing on nerves. Too many things to name. Doctor informed me they cannot remove scar tissue as it will grow back tenfold. I have not been able to sit any longer than 20 mins. Or stand 10 mins. For the last 5 years. I am on fentanyl and lortab but it doesn’t touch the pain. I am now in my bed 99% of my life, I take 2 types of anti-depressants, nerve pills, and i still suffer in severe pain. I have accepted this is my life now; i mourn who i use to be.

If surgeons can’t help you, you may have to accept this is your life now. I have traveled all over the state i live in to see drs. only to hear sorry nothing we can do. they tell me my life is now about pain management and physical therapy. Funny I am in too much pain for therapy all they could do was pack me in heat.

Again i am sorry to see another fellow person suffer in pain.

I feel for you, with so much emptathy. After my surgery, 6 yrs later, I don't think I could go thru it again. I am in as much pain and more now then before. The surgeon told me they could take plates out, of my neck and replace basically plate my whole neck. Considering, the lack of understanding or strick regulations in my state, They can't control my pain know, so I hate to think how I would be treated later. I can't imagin 10 yrs,6 yrs has exhausted me