Hi guys! Im just here to have some answers and a piece of mind, When I was young 13-14 I smoked k2 twice I think the compound was Jwh-018 to be exact, I did not feel anything to much different then a normal marijuana high, Does the brain repair damage done at all or can it be permanently damaged for ever, Things I have noticed is that my memory is not very good as it use to be I can not do complicated math in my head anymore and for sure a drop in iq, I was very intelligent before, although I still maintain even better grades then before I feel as if I am stupider, I have not touched anything since that day, and do not plan to, Is it possible to the brain to repair if it was damaged? I feel like my memorys getting better and I also work out 6 days a week and have a very very healthy well variety diet, I notice things like forgetting what locker I put my things in sometimes or not knowing were I parked my car, or could it be cause I go to the same place every day? I dont know.. Just wondering if anyone out there could help me or give me a piece of mind. I have 3 other friends (no longer my friends) that smoked k2 over 30+ times and one has ticks now he twitches and the other one is just really stupid terrible memory and dropped out, and one other friend attempted suicide multiple times and has social problems now. The compounds change for synthetic drugs constantly could the compound I had not been as lethal as others? anyways thanks again everyone! and Thank god Im okay, I hope everyone else stays away from these pathetic drugs, or all drugs in general.

Also! I forgot to add this! I started having migraines every so often after this drug incident and no one in my family history or family has ever had migraines. I read migraines are caused by something in the brain changing, could this have been caused or provoked by the k2 use?

Hi Guest,

the brain can repair. The concept is called neuroplasticity. Although it was thought previously that the brain damage was largely irreparable, recent research shows that the brain continues to grow and repair into adulthood. There are numerous websites with brain exercises that can be used to improve brain function, memory etc. Meditation is also another way to improve brain function. And if you are not into sitting sill to meditate, something like tai chi an have a similar affect.

All of that said, k2, like cannabis, has been implicated in the onset of psychosis an other mental and physical health effects, and is more dangerous than regular cannabis. There has been very little research on K2 and other synthetic drugs so no-one really knows the long term effects.

Read up on neuroplasticity and take comfort in the knowledge that you can do things to improve your cognitive function and memory and hopefully return to your normal function. And it is worth noting that all of this and the headaches may be unrelated to smoking K2. It would be a very good idea to speak to your doctor to have your headaches and memory problems checked out. At least they should be able to help you treat the headaches.

All the best

Thank you so much Sally! I feel like everything has been getting better as I grow older, and I would love to go to a doctor, but my parents dont have the money at the moment, hopefully when im 20 or have enough money I can go and get everything checked out, I really like the good news that the brain can repair! : D and the migraines might not be from what I did or even if it is I dont have them much anymore, So im blessed as is to be here right now. I was lucky to not have the same side effects as some of my friends did :o

Wishing you all the best. Take care