My period is 16 days late. I am trying to get pregnant (and by my calculations) had sex when I was ovulating. I tested 2 days ago, it was negative. I have 3 pregnancy symtoms, dizzy, acne, and urinating more often. Could the test have been a dud?

It's possible. I've heard that sometimes those tests just don't work, with some people. Try waiting a while, then taking another one....if it comes out negative but you still feel 'pregnant' then go to a doctor and have a blood test. Those are way more accurate.

i am going through exactly the same i also have breast soreness and the same symptoms you mention. i have done 4 hpts and still negative i have booked an appointment at the docs for friday im so nervous.

i m actualy in the same situation me n my husband have been tryin 4 a baby since 6 months now. i am very regular on my periods.i was ment 2have my period on the 2nd of october n its the 16th today im never late on my periods but havnt startd yet....i get head aks now when i wake up...i also had period cramps when it was my due date bt didnt have no bleedin.
i do get little bit back pains aswel...but iv done 2 pregnency tests both came out negative....dont kno whats goin on.

It's the same with me too. I am really late, and have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both of them turned up negative. I don't know what's going on. Tiredness and sickness comes and goes through out the day, I feel bloated, but I've never been pregnant before. So I don't know what's going on!