hey,

im 17, and have had gynecomastia since i was 12. I've tried diets, working out, etc. but nothing worked. I figured waiting til puberty ran its course would be the best thing, but im basically fully developed ( full beard, body hair, broken voice, etc.... people say i can pass for 22+) but I still have gynecomastia. it's size hasnt changed, and I am not over weight, or do not take drugs. I cant afford surgery, but I've heard of a few pills. Do they work, and if so, which ones?

I've also heard that the pills cant take away the gynecomatia that is already there. is that true? after 5 years, im ready to get rid of this problem!

some assistance would be really appricated ;-) thankx!

Dear Tyler,

I noticed your posting on this site and thought I'd get in touch. I am working for a television company in the UK making a documentary about men who have gynecomastia. I am interested in talking to men who have the condition and looking at what solutions are out there.

I would be interested in having some kind of communication with you or any other sufferers so if you are open to that do get in contact.

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

The first thing you have to do is to check if it is a hormone inbalance, if it is not contact your parents insurance. some insurance do pay for it. You can also get payment options from plastic sureons. Somtimes ohip will pay for it but it is a year or so wait

Definitely get your hormones checked... My problem was Hypogonadism, caused by a dyfunctional pituitary gland...causing me not to make enough testosterone.. go to... www.guwg.net to learn more.
Andy

dude no way i was looking at pictures of tits on wikipedia, yeah (btw im 13) and i saw this picture of this guy with puffy nipples, and it looked like MY nipples! so apparently i have gymnestcotita or whatever and ive had it since i wuz twelve, too! dude. u an me? brothers. same story, yeah?

I've just turned 16 and still have gynecomastia, because i have good pectoral muscles the actual "breast tissue" isn't visible but the puffy nipples are (N). What makes it worse is that I have a great body but the nipples bring me down! ive learnt to live with it after having it since i was 13. Hoping it will go away though! Good luck my friend!

- i havee gynecomastia and imm 13 yearss oldd . itss likee bigg. ive triedd diets workingg out and everythingg it started when i was in the 4th grade and keeps getting bigger thiss is to big im a skinny boy with this.i realy need to get rid of it. iwent to the hospital and they told me the only way ican get rid of it is byy surgeryy andd I CANT AFFORD IT.

Well man. I'm f*****g 18! Ive had this since I was 12,,so for the past 6 years Ive been suffering. I cant stand this anymore, i learned to live with my body and make the best of it. Im a good looking guy and have been offered multiple times to model for abercrombie and express. I always turn down because im too uncomfortable with myself. I told my parents but they dont really care...
Im gonna go get it checked out and hopefully try to get some pills for it or something because i dont have enough money to get surgery.
I can believe surgions charge the young people soo much money. Its not like its our fault and its completey ruining our cover or who we truely are and can be one day. They say being at the right place at the right time will get you places in life, when something like this is holding you behind you feel like starting at nothing while your freinds are up there and have no problems once at all.

lol ha ha ha

Try testosterone therapy. Gynecomastia can be caused by low t and also by excessive t. If you have too much T the excess is convereted to estrogen and it is this that causes the development of breasts. If you have too little t then you start to suffer from 'estrogen dominance' as the estrogen that we men do produce in our bodies is not compensated for by enough t. They Plus Natural testosterone cream. I use it.

It used to be that surgery was considered the only option for treating gynecomastia, but apparently now SERM medications are thought to be effective in shrinking glandular and non-glandular lumps as well by starving the tissue of estrogen. You can also temporarily hide it by wearing specially designed compression shirts. (These are similar to plain tight shirts but are made of a stiffer, thicker material).

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I am 17 as well, and my doctor told me it was gyno a week ago. Now I've had it for at least 3 years. When I was younger I had experience with drugs. But not anymore. I lost 30 pounds trying to get rid of it. But now I'm built and still have it. I believe it has gotten worst and I feel pain and heaviness in my chest sometimes. I am supposed to be getting some scans done. So I hope it turns out ok. This could also turn into cancer I was not informed of this before I had went to the doctor.

I would do a documentary on this. And wouldn't mind being in one. Just so I can inform others. Cause this kills your self esteem! It makes you depressed and your nervous that it shows through your shirts.

I think a good doco would be great. A lot of people suffer from Gyno but they don't realise (soory for the apparent misspelling but I'm an Aussie and like the English we use s'es where Americans use z's.) that the problem is low-t related. They think it's their diet, or something else.

Treatment is soooo easy when you realise the cause.

Yeah man I'm 18 as well with the same problem. First got it when i hit puberty. Worst thing in my life! !has been for years. Honestly feel like it's been keeping me from being happy. My parents don't believe that anything is wrong and i just don't know what to do.

I had this condition for my whole life. My dad had it so I got it from genetics. I was alot bigger when I was a kid and I lost weight and my moobs are still there.... I hate living like this. I can't keep a girlfriend. I have low self esteem and insecure.. I can't afford sugery.. Ain't this a b***h!