I am a 19yo male experiencing sudden pain and sensitivity in one nipple. i have no idea what i did, or what to do. my other one is fine, normal, but one of them is very sensitive, painful, and itchy. what is wrong, and WHAT can i do?

I have the same exact symptoms. One is painful to touch, hypersensitive and sometimes itches and burns. The other one is absolutly fine. I am 32 years old and it is disconcerting to say the least.

I am a 43 yr old male. I have a laundry list of other med issues, the most dramatic being a neurofibroma tumor at L2 in my back. 3 months ago I started having pain in my left nipple, only when pressure is applied, and it feels like a piece of glass is in there...very painful. In the last month it has become both nipples, same pain, and now it is not only with pressure but also rising from a chair or sitting, perhaps it is related to the neurofibroma.

if the nipple looks puffy it could be gynogastimia (sp) wich occurs when the body produces excess testosterone and to counter balance this release eastrogen causing a puffy and itchy nipple

spelled gynecomastia. i am in medical terminology right now. my boyfriend is having problems right now with high sensitivity to both nipples. a burning pain, no inflammation or bumps. we are both concerned. gynecomastia is defined as just excessive mammary development, if there is no swelling, i wouldn't think that is the issue. hope someone has some answers...

i am a 27 year old male who has been havin pain in both nipple: they hurt when the get touched or rubed up against something...the only other time ive had nipple pain was when i played soccer and my sh**s rubbed up against them...but this is much worse..any suggestion............desperatley seeking a cure......

RE: RE: [NON-PUFFY PNSing]

I am a 25 year old male, and I have the same problem sometimes, (WITHOUT PUFFINESS) just pain and sensitivity. I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you that it is NOT A DISEASE or ANYTHING you should alarm yourself about. All women can tell you that there is a scab on each of their nipples, and when one of them rubs off it becomes *VERY* sensitive and can sometimes get infected. Listen close fellas, OUR NIPPLES ARE THE EXACT SAME WAY, just a wee bit smaller. The sensitivity is merely because the insides of your nipples are not liking the OUTSIDE AIR or the bacteria-laden sweat that permeates *our* miniature openings when our even smaller scabs rub off. Common sense. However, if you experience non-ordinary puffiness, or bumps, associated with sensitive nipples, consult a physician.

I'm not sure about the others, but my pain is not related to the outside of my nipple. For the last eight months there's been a steady perssistant pain just behind my left nipple. From what I can tell the nipple itself is fine. I am severly overweight, but also from what I can tell the pain is not in most of the fatty part of my left breast but seems to be in the region just behind the nipple.

I don't always have the burning or itching feeling but anytime pressure is applied (putting on clothes, rolling over on my stomach, etc) I have some severe pain similar to the person that mentioned pieces of glass. My doctor's looked at it and I had a mamogram done. The specialist that read it mentioned it was gynecomastia and left it at that (that diagnoisis was 7 months ago). Still in pain with what seems little recourse.

I am 13 and is experiencing the same trouble, it feels like a tough round bulge and when I touch it, it hurts.

I just took my 12 year old son to the doctor because he's been having pain in his right nipple for the past few days. It mostly hurts when touched, but will occasionally hurt even when it's not being touched. The pain seems to intensify and then subside without apparent cause. The doctor said that it's adolescent gynecomastia, which is caused by hormones. He said that, unfortunately, there is no treatment, but it should go away eventually, however it could last for a year or longer. My son only has pain, no swelling, but the doctor said that swelling could accompany the pain and it could be on one or both nipples. The doctor also said that this is fairly common, affecting about 30% of adolescents.

I am 14 and experienceing sort of a hard ball just behind the nipple it hurts when toughed, but otherwhise it is fine. Thank you so much guest for answering my question.

I am a 18 year old male and I have been having the same issue for about 2 weeks not. My left nipple has been very sensitive to the touch and even hurts without touching it sometimes. It is getting very annoying and I plan on going to the doctor ASAP to find out what it is.

i am 14 years old my nipple feels like its erected but its not its only 1 nipple and it itche's irrotates and hurts often can sum1 let me know what it is if they kno i'm concerned

Same problem. I kinda agree with one of the posts that it may be related to sweating. This only happens on days when I play tennis or sweat due to another activity. Other days, I am fine.

im 13 and pain started today idk what it is.