I'm an 18 year old man/boy. I have a problem i want to discuss. When i was around the age of 12 i realized that i had developed some hard "rock like" substances under my nipples. for the first 3 or so years they were sore all of the time. I've read every post on this site about this kind of thing.. I know for a fact this isn't normal.. I didn't take my shirt off from 12-16 "in public". I didn't even let my mom see me around the house without my shirt off. I've seen people post about like how it'll go away when you hit puberty? but i know i've hit puberty. I'm so lost.. My nipples make me so dang scared to do anything.. Please anyone anything will help my Emails ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
.. I'll check on a daily basis.. I have a nice body and a six pack i've worked hard for a have about half inch pecks and i'd say i have wash board abbs.. Please somone im begging.. PLEASE give me some information.. If you say anything about Surgery or if that's all you have to say please don't post or email.. I don't have any money neither does my parents i've researched on how much it would cost to "BE NORMAL".. It's rediculous.. Please help doctors my nipples poke out about a inch.. it doesn't fit with my chest or body at all..

Please see a doctor...the internet is not where you should turn too, your health is very important do not play games with that :-D

juustin, You should see a family doctor about this and he/she may direct you to a specialist. This sounds like an endocrine problems, or perhaps some genetic disorder. It sounds like a problem that that will not be able to be altered without surgery, as they are already that way. If you are lucky maybe a hormone treatment would fix the problem. 

a couple of things from my experience. i'm 23 now, but when i was about 16 i went to the doctor and asked about the really hard lumps in my breast and told him they were really sore and sensitive. He told me it was normal during puberty and it was nothing to worry about. he called it estrogen lumps. since males have both testosterone and estrogen hormones, during puberty, they fluctuate in balance. If too much estrogen builds up, then it hardens in the breast.. feels like gravel in your breast. This is completely normal. Ive spoke with friends who experienced the same thing. As for the nipples poking out, I really cannot say.. i have seen men with nipples that poke out before, but i think it may just be genetics. do you grow facial hair? if not, you should link this to your research, it may be a genetic disorder (I cant remember the name). If it were me, I would either try to work out more to get bigger pecks, or try gaining weight. If you get bigger pecks, then maybe you can have the confidence to destroy anyone that dare make fun of you.. if you gain more weight, then you may be able to spreadload you estrogen levels. I have also noticed that some people who are fatter actually have nipples that indent. One last thing, go to a gnc or other suplements store, and get an estrogen blocker or a testosterone booster. ive used testosterone boosters for cycling off of pro-hormones.... if you are taking steroids or pro-hormones for working out and gaining muscle, then this could be your problem. I hope this helps. good luck

Dont be embarrased, its very common tell your mom to take you to the Dr. to confirm what you have so you dont have to worry. If its gynomastia 65% of all boys have it through puberty and 90% resolve on theyre own! It is prob not as noticable to anyone as you think, your focussed on it and think it stands out. I can hardley notice my family members who feels like you. If it didnt resolve there are hormones your dr. can prescribe or it can just be normal nipple rocks that boys and men have when body changes, hang in there and dont be afraid to talk with your family member who you can trust. we all have something on our body we are self conscience of, every person I know. Be grateful it is not your face or something that cannot be fixed, I am 99% yours is fixable if it did not go away on its own!

Justin, it sounds like your having thee exact problem as i am having. im 18 and very fit i work out and have very little fat on my body. buttt my effin nipples are puffy and stick out of my shirt, it seems like there is just extra fat around my nipple. i had a little gravel bump in my nipple for a while but it went away a while ago. as soon as i hit puberty this happened and i am soo embarrassed to take my shirt off. it just looks so weird. and im a good looking guy. girls think im very attractive but i just cant take my shirt off because my nipples are puffy, ive lookied on the internet a lot for a cure but it seems like the only thing is surgery.. if you find anything that helps please please tell me, i just wish i had normal nipples like everyone else... :/

hey man. Your case describes me too a T. Im almost 19 now and I've had these same lumps since I was roughly 12 or 13. I'm a skinny guy to and it's annoying when your nipples stick out an inch and make you look out of shape. I've been told by a doctor it's hormones, but I'm sick of them and would like to get rid of them. If you hear of anything let me know with a reply.

I 20 now and been havin the same puffy nipples sine about 13 hopefully they go away soon

It's completely normal, about 4 out of 5 guys get them. In thirteen and almost everyone in the eighth grade has one. I get they make you nipples puffy but just ask anyone you know, it's common. And yes just ask a doctor and he will recommend surgery. I've been erase arching this sh*t like crazy for like a year. Hope this helps.

justin bro im 19 and had the same thing but i hhad normal nipples then started a new muscle pill that came out and i all of a sudden had a bump behind my nipple and it was hella sore to....so i got the same type of pill and started again but am taking a lower dose...then took a reset pill and it put me back to not my normal size but lowered that out of the shirt look you saying your all ripped and in shape just made me wonder if you have taken any testosterone pill

even iv got the same problem..plss help :/

me too ive got the same problem.my nipples always stick out of my shirt.its realy embarrassing.i even have to lock the door to my bathroom when i wanna get into the shower most times and take the clothes i want to change in so knowone sees me.please help :(  . does it help if it gets sucked out of me

im a type 1 diabetic and im 15 and starting my first year in high school and i have had the same problem since 6th grade and i told my mom and she took me to the doctor and the doctor said to lose some weight and because of puberty,and where i have diabetes my puberty is alot slower so i guess the nipples will stay an extra years because im 5'6 and 190lbs and i workout hard for 2 monthes and my arms has started to hurt went to the doctor and they said of strain so i cant workout for 2 monthes and where i have needles because im a diabetic i stuck a new needle in to the nipple and some type of liquid came of of the middle of the nipple and then some blood came out of the hole where my needle was and it shrunk but it came back with in 5 minutes and i have to wear 2 shirts and i still do in the middle of the summer. i just put tape on them when i go out because im embaresessed and the doctor said go to school and look at the other boys nips and i looked and i only saw one kid and he is kind of big too so i dont know

t m i

Dude I'm 16 years old and I've had this problem since I was 12 and I've never taken my shirt off in public it's just too embarrassing and in middle school it was the worse for me in the locker room because of my nipples I can't event sake my shirt of in front of my mom so I guess it's common and I have finally learned to live with it