My 2 year old son has a large red bump on his inner thigh. At first I though it was a bug bite, but it's getting bigger, harder, and more painful. Does anyone know what it could be? >:(

I realize this happened over a year ago. What was the outcome? My two year old son has exactly the same kind of bump ... and it's growing.

Hi Blair,

Is it only one bump? Have you noticed any other similar bumps anywhere on his body?

Sometimes this can be an adverse reaction of a vaccine. Did he had any vaccines recently? I don’t think that this could be chicken pox, because it is only one bump.

If it is a bug bite it can cause some infection. So you should be able to see if it changes color. If there is infection involved, visiting a doctor should be a smart thing to do. He is really young and his body is still fragile for infections. Does he complain that the bump is painful? It’s important for him not to scratch it if it itches.

All the best,

Danella