Sometime after I woke up, I looked in the mirror and see a small red bump on the corner of my lip (way in the corner. to the point where you don't really see it when I close my mouth). I thought it was a cold sore, making me assume that I have herpes so I put some carmex on, washed my hands and went on with my day without messing with it and try to avoid things with my face until everything clears. I did my research on oral herpes, so I'm not all that mad or depressed about it like some people would and I'm prepared for something like this. Plus even though I never kissed anyone in my life or shared items with other people, I still knew that it might happen one day.

As the day goes on, I thought about the syptoms for cold sores. I realized that my symptoms doesn't really add up. When I put on my Carmex, it stung a little and went away quickly (you know? like getting that burning feeling on your hand after putting on hand sanitizer because you had a cut). It wasn't hurting before. It kinda itches but after putting Cortaid on it, I felt much better. I also realized I never experienced the symptoms of herpes after infections. They said headaches, fever, sore throat, and nausea but I never experienced that in the last few days. Also they said it's associated with acute Gingivostomatitis, but i never experienced that either. Out of curiousity and stupidity, I went back and kinda messed with it a little. I stretched it out to see that the bump was fleshy than pus filled. Also the bump looks as if someone cut it a little and I can see the flesh of it inside. I read back on some info about cold sores again and it said that it has to be a group of bumps formed into one.

I just need to know is this normal or do I have something else, not herpes? It's leaving me confused. My carmex is not working on it. Note that it's only one bump and it stayed the same size. Does cold sores really have to be a collection of bumps to be cold sore? Need answers on this and maybe help on how to make it go down. My friend said state something about my envrioment and health issues I already have to help:

-My fam has a habit of leaving the front door open for periods of time. Could it possibly be a bug bite?
-My house is mostly cold to me. We have the air on auto. I'm mostly inside the house too.
-I have a habit of rubbing the corners of my mouth with my shirt because I always thought I drooled there.

Please and thank you.

Is it red or white? Doesn't sound like a cold sore but if its white, its something else and quite harmless.

it's red. it went down in size later on today too.

And the center of it looks like a tiny needle went through it. I'm starting to think this is a Mosquito bite.

I'm not totally sure what it would be, but like you said it may be a bug bite..

From my experience that I can share it may also be a pimple or zit of some sort.. I used to get those around the very edge of my lips and even sometimes on my lips.. what I usually did was try to pop it and then use a disinfectant and then rinse well... I used to get pimples in all sorts of places, my face, arms, lips, back, and even once in my ear.. the important thing is to keep it clean

hope this helps you out :-D