My son has big red blister on his right hand for what I believe that is bug bite. He said that is painful and itching. I was worried that it some kind of infection but there is only one blister so I guess it’s not. Is it possible that he developed allergic reaction on a bug bite? How can I treat this, can anyone help me?

Most children with insect bites or stings only need symptomatic treatment for the symptoms of pain and itching. Had he anaphlactic reactions before? Children with a history of anaphlactic reactions should have an auto-injector of epinephrine available for immediate administration. I think that blister should be evaluated by pediatrician if it is a bug bite or not. What you van do is apply an ice pack or cool compress on it, or perhaps a topical steroid or other topical anti-itch cream, such as Calamine lotion. Other medications, including an oral antihistamine for itching, such as Benadryl, or pain medications, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, may also help with bug bites.