For a month or so I've had these itchy red bumps all over JUST my left leg and they looked exactly like bed bug bites or flea bites. But we completely cleaned by bed and have seen no sign of anything like that. The dermatologist gave me some "Clobetasol Propionate Cream" to apply to the area and i have been doing so. It seems to make the bed-bug-looking bites fade faster but more are still appearing both during the day and night, and on top of that, theres a new sort of rash that appeared just yesterday and today (around when i started using the cream) which is made up of smaller, less itchy red bumps with pale rings around them... These are abundant on my inner thigh and the entire back of my leg. My whole family is stumped, as well as my dermatologist and my general practitioner. What's weirder is that they seem to be concentrated on just one leg, with only a couple small bites on the other leg that could be something entirely different. Help! I'm fifteen and this is really starting to scare me...

I'm a 60 year old female and this started for me summer of 2012. It started on my feet the first day i wore sandals to work. i had just gotten them repaired and decided it was something they used to fix them. went to dermatologist and got the clobetasol stuff. by the time i got to the dermatologist, i had an itchy patch on inner calf of my right leg. Its been 8 months or so and i've had several spots all over my right leg, but only on the inner side and one behind the knee. Just when i think its stopped, i get a new itchy bump that IF i don't scratch and just use the cream, quickly dries out and gets a little scally and stays that way. today i have a small bump on the inner left knee. maybe its finally starting on the other leg. very strange

I've never had any skin problems, not even acne when i was a teen. i still get compliments on my skin - i wear pants all the time. as a young person, i hope you get this under better control. i don' t like how the spots feel when they are "flared up". things feel pretty smooth once the itchy-then-scaley part is a couple of days past.

Did you ever find out what it was? I have the exact same thing on my right leg. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

Nope, but since i've started taking probiotics, i have had no itching. Probiotics are supposed to help your immune system. they told me it was atopic dermatitis and allergy based. I think the probiotics are helping with the itchy issue and i have not been sneezing as i normally do each spring. so far so good.

I am having the same exact thing going on and I thought it was bed bugs too but we can not find any evidence of bed bugs and no one else in the house including my husband who sleeps in the same bed is getting them, and its driving me nuts! my doc said chigger bites  from cutting tall grass but it has been 3 weeks and im getting more even when I sleep. the steroids she gave me made it clear up some but now there are more on the back of my thigh all the way up to my butt. They itch like crazy. please let me know if you figure out what is causing it, i would really appreciate it!!

This is exactly what's happening to me!!! Craziest thing! Back of left calf and inside of my left thigh! I can't figure out what it is! Driving me bonkers!!!

Same thing here....just for a few days however....I have had shingles before and am concerned that it may be the start of that again.....any ideas would be welcome...

`have you been in the woods or swampy area, if so its chigger bites and they are itchy really bad for about two weeks,

My sister has the same things dr. Told her is a rare type of arthritis could that be right

Hey....... I was reading your post and I got the same thing on my left leg and only there. I got them when I was four months pregnant. I still have them and my son is 7 months old now. They itch and kind of look like tiny blisters. When I scrape them off they just come back in a few weeks. I have found by looking on line there is something called Majocchi granuloma. I believe that is what I have. I hope this helps. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My son has these.  Doctor said "Molluscum".  It is a virus  Can resolve on their own, may take up to two years.  Not dangerous.  Can be treated if bothersome.

Im 15 , having the same problem !!

I had the same problem on one leg , a itch that desperately had me trying every cream for itch in the market. After trying all I thought would help, I remember my mom's cure it all remedy . Pure aloe leaf. Rubbing a
Pure aloe was the relief to my rare itch and rash on my one leg .