himy name is megan i have an extremly smart 21 month old son...but he may use 10 words he listen. Responds when you ask him to do something but he just will not talk. His doctor recommened speech therpy but im not sure if i want that of course every parent wants their child to be right on track or ahead of the game.which in many things he is. Ive heard boys talk later than girls.ive also read the more active a toddler is may be the reason behind it...if anyone has any input to help me with this issue feel free to share. My husband and myself are exhausted and just wondering if it is normal his hearings fine and hes between the 90th +100th precentle on his charts we read limit tv time and are always working with him but all he does is babble and make no sense. Thank u for reading and best wishes to all

You should get his hearing checked, my son who is 2 had his ears blocked so he he wasn't hearing everything. He would respond to some things but I figure out he was reading my lips. We found out he had fluid in his ears so he went in and got tubes put in his ears whiched help we also put him in Kidsability whcih did an assessment and put us in a program which is startuing to help him.Good luck!!

well i know someone that has the same problem but he's learned sign language 1st so i think thats where the problem is, and she put him in speech therapy and still nothing, but do u talk 1 on 1 w/ him is he around adults cause my son started talking around 14/15 months and now he's 2 1/2 talking conversations because we talk to him like he's older so maybe if you try that! but sometimes speach therapy does help sometimes not GL