Can a 13 year old boy show syptoms of bipolar? I am trying to understand my son and I am not looking for something but someone suggested I get him checked for bipolar because they said he shows the same signs that there friend does and they have bipolar. As I am reading up on it they say late adodolescents to adults show signs of bipolar.

My son has issues with anger and if he gets upset and keeps going it gets out of hand to the point he has no control over what he says or does. a few times now he has stated that he wants to kill himself and is now being sent home from camp because of that statement even though he said it was said over anger I didn't mean it. I have taken him to the doctor and we have done the counselling, and he is on medication to help him stay focused but we are still haveing the same issues that we have been for the last eight years. I really don't know what to do?

In my opinion, and this is just me..

Children are uncontrolable. They are children. I honestly don't believe they need medication because of anger issues or being uncontrollable. If you don't believe in spanking or whatever then I dont know what to tell you. My nephew has been put on medication for bipolar and he's only 12, he sits around like a zombie and i cant stand what that stuff does to him. He starts acting crazy around me and i get loud and scare him, sure its a bit harsh but he stays in line when he's with his uncle. Call me oldschool but it works.I even told him to make sure he pays attention in school and if he didnt his dad was gonna make him live with me for the summer, kid brought his grades up from d's and c's to nothing lower that a b. And he doesnt hate me, the kid thinks im awesome. I play video games with em and buy him cool toys and stuff but he knows that im not afraid to go to his ass, unlike his parents. I'm not some kind of monster I just use what works best. Again, I'm only speaking for myself on this as I'm sure somone will disagree.

My son is not uncontrolable. It was only recently that he was put on medication and that only helps him stay focused and only lasts 9 hours. I have spanked my son in the past, but not much. He is now almost my height and his weight is hire then me.

My concern is that my son wanted to (in the verge of anger) to kill himself and that is not the first time he has said that. To me yelling at a child who is already angry will not stop him but make the situation worse. I am asking for help on where I can turn when I already have done the things I know.