Can anyone tell me more about Dislation-speech articulation disorder? My four year old son, who is bilingual, has been mispronouncing words and even adding or substituting his own sounds. I find him easy to understand, but I am his mom, so I guess that is not surprising. I do think there is something wrong with his speech, but I am not sure if it is a serious disorder. What do you advise I do in this situation?

You mention so many different factors in just your short post, that I am wondering if there is really anything wrong with your son. Does he do this in both languages he speaks, or just the one? If it is just one - particularly if it is the minority language - you shouldn't be concerned I think. While some of the things you mention are indeed symptomatic of speech articulation disorder, it doesn't have to be that way at all. You should get your child evaluated if you are really worried though.