my daughter is 4 1/2 yrs old.she had a tonsillectomy 5 days ago and is having extreme pain. She is not eating, hardly drinking,her mouth is allways full of saliva and on top of it all she's coughing.Every time she coughs she is in excruciating pain.She is on tylenol w/ codiene and amoxil 250 mg.Is their anything else I can do to relieve her?

Hi. I am so sorry to hear about your little one's pain!! Surgery is always uncomfortable, especially in a child! One thing you might try with her/him is to give them something cold like ice cream/ice cream pops....jello will also be good as it is very soft and should not hurt too bad with the swallowing. It is very important that your child is drinking so that he/she does not get dehydrated!! If your child is not urinating or is having severe pain and/or a temp, please call your doctor immediately! Good luck.

Jeannine