Hi, I'm a 16 year old girl. I got my tonsils removed yesterday at around 9:00am, so it's been a bit more than 24 hours since the operation. Post surgery, I felt really loopy and dizzy due to the anesthesia and medication they had me on. My throat has not stopped hurting. It is day 2 if you count the day of the surgery. The pain medication I am taking really does not help. It hurts to swallow, talk, and eat. My diet so far has consisted of ice water, ice chips, apple juice, and a bit of apple sauce. Surprisingly, I am not hungry. The pain is really horrible. I can't move without my throat hurting. My uvula is ridiculously swollen. I can also see the outside of the scabs starting to form. Can anyone give me any advice? Also, how is it when the scabs fully form and fall off? What should i do when they do? I really don't want to fool with them so they come off early and I bleed. Hopefully it will get better, but I know it won't be good this week with the scabs. Thoughts? And please share your experiences if you got your tonsils out as a teenager or are in a similar situation now. Thanks!!

Can anyone please reply and give some input?I looked more closely now and can see that there are scabs around both areas of where my tonsils were. The scabs are white and gross but do not look too thick yet. I don't know if there is food stuck to a bit of one, but I'm not going to mess with it.

I'm just very worried for when these fall off...

Hi I had mine taken out on the 17 of December 2014. After surgery they fed me ice chips which relived a lithe of the pain. When I got home all i wanted to do was go to sleep. But ever four to 5 hours I have to take horrible liquid medicine. The doctors told me to try to eat the Popsicle and sherbet but I found that to sweet that it burned. Mu uvula is horrible swollen. The only thing I could drink right now is warm chicken broth that tasted better then anything else. I also have a prescription for numbing lollipops that come in many flavors that help a bit so when I take the horrible medicine it doesn't hurt much but I only found the lollipops at one pharmacy in my town. Ice cold water irritates my throat more that n Luke warm I make sure to have my parents or siblings but small ice in there though I hope this helps hope you guys get better.