Hi guys, I read this topic page a week ago, this was before i went in for my tonsillectomy,i am going to be honest and say it scared me to death! I really wasnt looking forward to the operation at all.

Well, I went in on Wed morning for my tonsillectomy,they took me straight through, i was out for approx 1 hour and then i stayed on the ward for about 6 hours, within this time i eat 6 peices of toast, a kit-kat and a packet of crisps. My pain control was really good and the hospital staff did a fantastic job. I could honestly say that i did not know I had had my tonsils removed, i was just very tired.

I was relased from Sailsbury Hospital at about 6pm, i was very nauseaous getting out of bed but that the anasetic. On my journey home we stopped off for fish, chips and curry sauce.

I am now on day 4 and so far so good, my pain control is good, i am taking co-codamol and diclofanac every 6 hours and they are really keeping the pain at bay. I am slepping through the night for about 12 hours and just waking up to take meds.

I wanted to post this to let people who are due for a tonsillectomy know that sometimes it isnt so bad, i got severe tonsilitis for years and i am just so excited about not getting it anymore.

I feel that i have been luckybut i cant help feeling this is because I ate solid food straight away, i have done so every since the op, i think this prevents build up and i am finding that the scabs are coming off as soon as they are forming because the hard food is taking it off.

The only real downfall is the awfal taste you get in your mouth regardless of mints and mouthwash. It tastes like you have eaten a whole jar of pickled eggs! !

To anyone who is due the op, it really isnt too bad, and it means 2 weeks of sitting infront of the TV, relaxing and getting your strength back. Just think about the trouble free period ahead. :-D

So glad it went so well for you, and also glad you posted. I am a week away from surgery and hearing that some people don't go through the horrid pain is really nive to hear right about now. Thank you!

i'm really glad to read some positive feedback on this board. its hard to decipher who is in pain and typing up their agression, and who is looking at it with that positive feeling of getting through the sh*t of it all and looking to the future... no more sore throats!

today is Thursday Dec 26, and i'm leaving Jan 13 to move abroad to Australia. so i hope to God that i'm feeling better. 3-weeks to recover, but i feel like i have so much to do before then... what a damper. i'm 21 years old and scared about this as an adult. :-(

I'm on day six and getting it BAD!!

I've still got that disgusting rancid mucus in my mouth, and I'm on paracetamol, codeine and ibuprofen and they do nothing. I'm barely able to drink any fluids and I'm not sleeping well at all. :-(

I am 19 years old, and had my tonsils out 6 days ago. And in all honesty. I have experienced the most pain i have ever felt the past 6 days. It has been pure torture. I dont know whether its just me but, i cried whilst eating...and slept for roughly 3 hours a night...

I AM 20 YEARS OLD AND ON DAY 7 POST-TONSILLECTOMY. I'M HAVING SHARP PAINS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY THROAT. IT SEEMS TO BE STARTING FROM THE TOOTH AND GOING DOWN TO THE THROAT. I HAVE THIS DISGUSTING SMELL IN MY MOUTH.. I AM SWALLOWING GOOEY, WHITE, DISGUSTING SCABS!! I CAN BARELY EAT OR DRINK.. IT STILL HURTS EVERYTIME I SWALLOW. I HAVEN'T EATEN A DECENT MEAL IN I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG. I'M STARTING TO FEEL NASEAUS ALLLLL THE TIME.. ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNING WHEN I WAKE UP.. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE REMOVAL OF THE TONSILS TO ANYONE!!!... I WOULDN'T EVEN PUT MY KIDS THROUGH THIS TORTURE! IT'S PURRRRRRE TORTURE.. I'M LIVING IN HELL !!! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME. DOES ANYBODY FEEL MY PAIN OUT THERE? PLEASE WRITE I NEED SOME ADVICE...

THANKS..

JENELLE FROM BOSTON, MA

I am 28 years old and had my tonsillectomy Thursday.
I have 2 children,1 natural birth no epi and 1 emergancy C section.
These past 4 days is THE ABSOLUTE WORST pain I have ever felt in my life.
I want to cry to even swallow. I have 2 doses of meds left and the doc isnt in until tomirrow. I have maybe slept a total of 12 hours on and off since the surgery.I have been drinking alot. Dosent seem to help,I dont even want to drink becuz its so painfull but the ear pain is unbarable!!
I feel like a knife is stabbing me in my ear. I havent eaten since Wed and was told not to untill the scabs fall off. I have no energy,am tierd and the painmeds dont help.

I had my tonsills removed 4 days ago and can honestly say its not that bad, the pain is worse at night with ear ache all day. I was admitted to day surgery at 8am and was out again same day at 4pm, drinking water helps alot, I am 28years old and suffered for years with tonsillitis, a few days of niggling pain is better that weeks of suffering tonsillitis in the future..

Hi, im writing from melbourne australia. I had my tonscils out monday 23rd jan 2012. so that makes it day 4. omg if i had known it would be this bad i would put up with tonscilitus forever. my tongue is so swollen, the white craqp is coming off, my ears ache,it kills just to swallow my saliva. i am allergic to any heavy medication so i am on paracetemol and voltaren every 4 hours. cold stuff does not seem to help. my uvela(dingle thing )in my throat is like 5 times its size and kills when i try to eat anything even custards. if anyone out there has any ideas on pain relief or any thing at all i would love to hear from you.